Malaysian Journal of Pharmacy Issue No. 3: Call for papers and Books for Review
Malaysian Journal of Pharmacy
Call for Papers
And Books for Review
Deadline for the Third Issue – 1st April 2002
The Malaysian Journal of Pharmacy is the official journal of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society. The journal aims to keep local pharmacists, scientists and others in the related areas in touch with the profession, as well as to encourage research and publication. This will be a means of fostering closer personal and research oriented relationships between practising pharmacists and the scientific community.
The Editors and the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society welcome papers for publication in the Malaysian Journal of Pharmacy. This nationally peer-reviewed journal covers areas related to Pharmacy in the form of General articles, Reviews, Research papers and Book Reviews.
INSTUCTION TO AUTHORS
Instructions to Authors
Authors will greatly assist the editors if the instructions below are followed.
- Preparation of manuscripts
Articles in English will be given priority over those in Bahasa Malaysia.
Type papers double spaced, using Times New Roman font size 12 throughout the text, legends, tables and references, on A4 sized paper.
Number all pages. Arrange all sections separately in this order: Author page; Title page; Abstract; Main text (Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion for research papers); Acknowledgements; References; Tables; Figures.
- Type the authors’ names and affiliations using the format below:
Alini Hashim1, Thomas Sangkaran1, Lim Cheng Hoe2*
(A Hashim, S Thomas, CH Lim)
1Department of Pharmacy, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz, 50300 Kuala Lumpur
2School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universiti Sains Kebangsaan Malaysia, Minden, 11800 USM Penang
* Author for correspondence
- Give the full title as well as the short (5 words or less) title of the article.
Include an abstract for all articles. Limit the abstract to a maximum of 250 words. For research papers, state clearly the objective, method, results and conclusion of the study. Articles in Bahasa Malaysia will have to include both abstracts in English and in Bahasa Malaysia.
Provide 5 keywords.
Cite references in numerical order in the form such as (1), (1,2), (3-6). References may also be cited as e.g. "Tan and Ibrahim (1999) showed that….."; if there are more than 2 authors, e.g. "Thomas et al, (1985) studied the effects…."; followed by the reference number as above.
- Arrange all references in numerical order, and type using the following punctuations and style:
Numerical order. Author's surname Author's first name or initial. Title of article. Title of the Journal Year of publication; Volume Number: Page numbers of article.
2. Ball D, Lee T, Ryder J, Seager H, Sharland D. Improving the stability of a product containing interactive ingredients. J Pharm Pharmacol 1978; 30:43-44.
Numerical order. Author's surname Author's first name or initial. Title of the Book. Edition [if not first]. Place of publication: Publisher's name; Year of publication.
16. Opie HL. Drugs for the Heart. 4th ed. Bangalore: Prism Saunders; 1995.
Numerical order. Author's surname Author's first name or initial. Title of chapter. In: Editor's surname Editor's's first name or initial, editor. Title of the Book. Edition [if not first]. Place of publication: Publisher's name; Year of publication.
1. Kaplan NM, Opie LH. Antihypertensive Drugs. In: Opie HL, editor. Drugs for the Heart. 4th ed. Bangalore: Prism Saunders; 1995.
Numerical order. Author's surname Author's first name or initial. Title of paper. In: Editor's surname Editor's's first name or initial, editor. Title of the Conference; Date of Conference; Place of publication: Publisher's name, Year of Publication. Page numbers.
8. Anderson JC. Current status of chorion villus biopsy. In: Tudenhope D, Chenoweth J, editors. Proceedings of the Fourth Congress of the Australian Perinatal Society; 1986 Sept. 3-6; Brisbane, Queensland: Australian Perinatal Society, 1987. p. 190-6.
Author/editor's surname author/editor's first name or initial. editor [if appropriate]. Title of page. Title of site. Last update or copyright date. URL (Access date).
Hudson P. PM, Costello liars: former bank chief. In: The Age. 16 September 1998.
http://www.theage.com.au/daily/980916/news/news2.html (16 Sept. 1998).
Or, if the author is unknown:
Title of page. Title of site. Last update or copyright date. URL (Access date).
McGwire owns the mark alone. ESPN.com. 9 Sept. 1998.
http://ESPN.SportsZone.com/mlb/news/1998/980908/00833812.html (16 Sept. 1998).
Figures and tables
- Mention all figures and tables in numerical order in the text.
- Number the figures and tables as follows: e.g. Figure 2; Table 5.
- Figures and tables should not be inserted in the text but each provided separately (see above 1. Preparation of manuscript).
- Do not use internal horizontal and vertical rules.
- Submission of manuscripts
Include in the cover letter a statement that the manuscript is original and that the work has not been published elsewhere (with the exception of abstracts and full papers in the Proceedings of Scientific Meetings).
Send 3 copies of the manuscript to:
Dr. Yew Su Fong, Editor-in-Chief, Malaysian Journal of Pharmacy, c/o Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Authors will be requested to resubmit the manuscript upon acceptance (revised if necessary), on diskette/attached file through email, using Microsoft Word 2000 or a lower version. The Publisher reserves copyright and renewal on all published materials, and such material may not be reproduced in any form without the written permission of the Publisher.
Submission of books for review
Authors are invited to send one copy of the book for review to the Editor in Chief at the address stated above. Books accepted for review will not be returned.
Direct enquiries to the Editor-in-Chief at
(tel) 03-40405661/26923066 ext 5661,
Copyright © 2001 Cornerstone Corporation Sdn Bhd. All rights reserved.