Wishing all who are celebrating a Happy Chinese New Year filled with Good Health, Peace and Prosperity
CHINESE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION AND LUNCH 2019
A Chinese New Year Celebration and Lunch will take place as follows:
Date : 16th February 2019 (Saturday)
Time : 11.00 am - 3.00 pm
Venue : Wisma MPS, Puchong, Selangor
Dress Code : Chinese New Year Festive attire
This is to foster the strong and close community among pharmacists at Wisma MPS, and also as gratitude to those who has been supporting our beloved society. All pharmacists and well-wishers are welcomed to join and celebrate this festive season with us.
Personal contributions by individuals are being received to make it an enjoyable event.
Companies may also contribute in whatever they can be it cash or in kind.
About 300 guests are expected to join in the celebration.
Kindly RSVP by 10th February 2019 with the RSVP / Contribution form.
Looking forward to the CNY Celebration with your presence
MPS MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL / MEMBERSHIP DRIVE 2019
All members are reminded to renew their 2019 membership by payment of their membership fees as soon as possible. Non-members (all registered pharmacists, PRP, and post-graduate) are also encouraged to join as member as early in the year as possible.
For your early renewal or early membership, once again Abbott is supporting this membership drive by providing a box of Surbex Zinc (30?s) to each member. The complimentary gift offer is until 31st May 2019
You may renew or join using the form here: http://www.mps.org.my/index.cfm?&menuid=89
Redemption can be done by following the link: http://www.abbottlifeplus.com/zincredemption to lead you to the redemption landing page. Please answer a few simple questions and fill up the details requested. Each redemption application will be verified for membership status. Upon successful verification the stock will be deliver directly to you within 6 weeks period
Please do not redeem if you have not renew yet
Life and Fellow member are also required to register themselves with Abbott for the delivery of the free gift.
*This redemption is only valid until 31st May 2019 or while stock last. Note that stocks may be fully redeemed even before May so please renew or join early.
>>> Membership Drive
>>> Online Membership Form
MALAYSIAN PHARMACEUTICAL SOCIETY ? NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
27th January 2019
TO: ALL FELLOW, LIFE AND ORDINARY MEMBERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the 52nd Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society shall take place at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur on 28th April 2019 (Sunday) at 1:00 pm (registration starts at 12.45 pm)
All MPS Members are invited to attend.
- Call to order.
- Establishment of Quorum
- Opening Remarks by President of MPS.
- Adoption of Agenda
- To confirm the Minutes of the 51st Annual General Meeting (AGM) held at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur
- Matters Arising from thereof
- To receive the Annual Report of the Council.
- To receive the Statement of Accounts 2018 duly audited
- To appoint 2 auditors for the year 2019/2020.
- To alter or amend the Constitution, Article or Rules of the Society ( if any )
- To discuss any other matters, notice of which shall be given to the Honorary Secretary at least 4 weeks before the date of the meeting.
- Members who wish to table any item(s) for discussion during the AGM are requested to submit their proposal(s) to reach the Honorary Secretary by 28th March 2019. Such notice shall be proposed by one Ordinary Member and seconded by at least one other Ordinary Member.
- Members attending AGM of Professional Society qualify for two CPE Points (under CPD Category B3).
Harpreet Kaur a/p Darshan Singh
>>> AGM Notice and Registration form
MALAYSIAN ACADEMY OF PHARMACY - NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
31st Jan 2019
To : Members of the Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy will be held as follows:
Date: 2nd April, 2019
Venue: Wisma MPS, 16-2 Jalan OP 1/5, 1-Puchong Business Park, Off Jalan Puchong, 47160, Puchong, Selangor
All Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy Members are invited to attend.
- To receive the minutes for the last AGM
- To receive the Council?s Report
- To receive the Statement of Accounts duly audited.
- To elect 5 Council Members*
- To elect the Principal from amongst those elected to the Council
- To appoint two auditors for the year
- To discuss any other matters that is received by the Council 21 days before the AGM, namely by 12th Mar, 2019.
*According to the Constitution, at each Annual General Meeting, five members of the Council shall retire.
>>> Call for nomination of council members
>>> Nomination form
Lam Kai Kun MMPS, RPh, A.Ph (Malaysia)
NATIONAL PHARMACISTS CONVENTION 2019, MPS AGM
AND ANNUAL DINNER
The MPS National Pharmacists Convention, Annual Dinner and AGM is now confirmed to take place on 26-28th April, 2019 at Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur
There will be a total of 22 lectures, 3 parallel sessions of Hospital Pharmacy, Community Pharmacy and Others with 12 lectures, and it is also plan to have 2 forum ? one on Medicine Pricing, and another on Hospital Pharmacy
An overall guide of the program is:
||08.30 - 18.15
||08.30 - 14.00
|14-00 - 17.45
|19.30 - 22.15
|13.00 - 16.00
||MPS 52nd AGM
Registration fees is RM730 for all the sessions inclusive of the Annual Dinner. However there is a RM200 discount for the first 500 participants (MPS member only). Various fees are available for day registration, post-graduate and student, member and non-member. Check out the early bird fees.
>>> Program and Registration
ANALYSIS REPORT: DISTRIBUTION OF POISON LICENSE A HOLDERS AND COMMUNITY PHARMACIES IN MALAYSIA
If anybody is interested to exactly how many poison license A holders and community pharmacies we have kindly visit:
DON'T OVERLOOK PHARMACISTS IN NEW MEDICAL SCHEMES
The Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society (MPS) would like to express its surprise and shock that the national association was not engaged nor consulted in the establishment of two vital healthcare schemes, namely mySalam and the Peka B40 for the lower-income group in Malaysia. MPS believes that this is a gross oversight and needs to be addressed immediately.
WHY WEREN'T OUR VIEWS SOUGHT ON MYSALAM PEKA40, PHARMACISTS ASK
>>> Read more at Malay Mail