MPS ANNUAL SEMINAR 2018
The 51st MPS Annual Seminar will take place in about 6 weeks time, on 27-29 April 2018 at Hotel Istana.
The seminar will begin in the afternoon of 27th April, running through to 29th April, with a break on 28th April afternoon for the 51st MPS AGM followed by the Annual Dinner
To make it affordable there will be a discount of RM200 for the first 500 members and this include the price of the dinner - all for RM530/- (exclude accommodation and transport)
It is never too early to register especially If you want to take advantage of the discount. Be the first 500 to do so to qualify and not be missed out
>>> Registration form, program and hotel booking form
MPS NOTICE OF AGM - NOMINATION FOR CANDIDATES FOR ELECTION OF COUNCIL MEMBERS IS CLOSED
Election of MPS Council Members take place once every 2 years.
And 2018 is the year for the election. The nomination is now closed and names of candidates will be announced soon. Each member will soon be receiving this notification via the post with details of the voting process.
INVITATION FOR ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AT THE MPS AGM
Members who wish to table any item for discussion during the AGM are invited to do so. Please submit your proposal to reach the Honorary Secretary by 29th March 2018. Such notice shall be proposed by one Ordinary Member and seconded by at least one other Ordinary Member ( see below for the invitation in the Notice of AGM)
In your proposal please provide a main title, and an accompanying explanation of the issue. This will facilitate discussion.
You may email your proposals to the Honorary Secretary at MPS secretariat email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE OF MPS 51ST AGM: 28TH APRIL 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the 51st Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society shall take place at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur on 28th April 2018 (Saturday) at 2:30p.m.
All MPS Members are invited to attend.
Among the agenda would be:
- To receive the Annual Report of the Council.
- To receive the Statement of Accounts 2017 duly audited.
- To alter or amend the Constitution, Article or Rules of the Society ( if any )
- To elect Chairman for purpose of the election of council members.
- To appoint scrutineers for the counting of ballot
- To carry out the election of Council Members 2018/2020
- To appoint 2 auditors for the year 2018/2020
- To discuss any other matters, notice of which shall be given to the Honorary Secretary at least 4 weeks before the date of the meeting.
- Members who wish to table any item(s) for discussion during the AGM are requested to submit their proposal(s) to reach the Honorary Secretary by 29th March 2018. Such notice shall be proposed by one Ordinary Member and seconded by at least one other Ordinary Member.
- 2. Members attending AGM of Professional Society qualify for two CPE Points (under CPD Category B3).
You may RSVP your attendance by 14th April 2018 (Saturday) to MPS Secretariat
>>> The Notice of AGM with the full agenda and RSVP form is available at the MPS website
MPS - PERAK AREA AGM AND SEMINAR
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the year 2018 of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society Perak Area will be held at the Kinta Riverfront Hotel, Ipoh on Sunday, 18 March 2018 at 11.00 a.m.
Members are reminded to renew their membership before the AGM to be eligible to vote.
>>> MPS Perak Registration form and program
AGM OF STATES / AREA COMMITTEE
14th Jan : Penang
26th Jan: Terengganu
3rd Mar: Sarawak Pharmaceutical Soiety
18th Mar: Perak
1st Apr: Negeri Sembilan
7th Apr: Pahang
22 Apr: Sabah Pharmaceutial Society (tentative)
24 Apr: Kelantan (to be confirmed)
27-29 Apr: MPS 51st Annual Seminar and AGM
June: Kedah / Perlis (to be confirmed)
Johore: to be confirmed
Malacca: AGM conducted late last year
MPS MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL 2018 AND MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
The MPS appreciates and value your membership. Your renewal would provide MPS with a stronger voice to participate in representing the pharmacists in various forums.
Renew now and as an immediate appreciation of your renewal or new membership, each will be entitled to a gift card to redeem a bottle of health supplement
>>> Membership Drive Form
Alternatively renewal can also be carried using any one of the options available here
New members may also apply using any of these options
WORLD ALLERGY DAY PUBLIC FORUM
8th APRIL 2018, KUALA LUMPUR
A World Allergy Day Public Forum will be held on Sunday, 8th April, 2018; 2-5pm, at Intercontinental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. It is open to all who are concerned about allergies prevention and management, especially among your kids. View our event poster to sign up. It's free of charge!
>>> More information on the Programme and Speakers
>>> Click here to RSVP
PHARMACIST ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING ON ANTIMICROBIALS (PASMA)
This shall take place on 8-9 May 2018 at Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
It has been more than a decade ago since pharmacists were actively involved in the AMS program; started off with monitoring of antibiotic use, AMS has now become an important program throughout the nation. It is indeed a very challenging field, which requires deep and up-to-date knowledge on the treatment of infectious diseases, skills in handling quality initiative projects with good and effective communication skills, in carrying out the programs. All of these would be the main objectives of this first pharmacist scientific meeting on antimicrobials and hopefully, it will be of interest to all pharmacist in hospital domain and community.
>>> Click here for Registration and Program
CMED: COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINES STRUCTURED LEARNING - CHANGED IN MASTERCLASS SCHEDULE
This program, developed by Blackmores Institute in collaboration with MPS involve a series of online courses with a final Masterclass in various states. To date 2 Masterclass had been conducted and another one today (15th March) in Johor Bharu
For more information:
There are some changes in the schedule of Masterclass and those interested are kindly to take note - Ipoh (1st Apr), Kota Kinabalu (7th Apr), and Kuching (8th Apr)
COMPULSORY USE OF COMMUNITY PHARMACY LOGO
>>> Use of community pharmacy logo circular
>>> Community pharmacy logo with colour coding
>>> Video on launch of Community Pharmacy logo
STANDARD PRICING AND BONUSING SCHEME FOR ALL HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
Circular from the Ministry of Health calling all manufacturers and distributors to follow the GPTP and offer uniform pricing to all community pharmacy, clinics and private hospitals
CMED: COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINES STRUCTURED LEARNING - changed in Masterclass schedule
This program is developed by Blackmores Institute in collaboration with MPS - a series of online courses with a final Masterclass in various states
Please note the change in the schedule of the Masterclass in Ipoh (1st Apr) Kota Kinabalu (7th Apr) and Kuching (8th Apr)
MALAYSIAN CLINICAL PHARMACY SYMPOSIUM (MCPS) 2018 | WISMA MPS, PUCHONG
- Date: 31st March 2018 (Sat)
- Venue: Wisma MPS, Puchong
- Time: 8:30am - 2:00pm
Registration is now closed but you can follow them on >>> https://www.facebook.com/MCPS2018
NATIONAL RENAL PHARMACY SCIENTIFIC MEETING
Date: 27-29 March 2018
Venue: Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Program: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3
Click here for Registration Form / Click here for Abstract Submission
10th NATIONAL PHARMACY R & D PHARMACY CONFERENCE 2018
Enhancing Access to Medicines Through Value-Based Approaches
9-11 July 2018
Royal Chulan Hotel, Seremban
>>> More info and registration
6th INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE CONFERENCE ON PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
Date:15-16 August 2018
Venue: IMU Bukit Jalil Campus, Kuala Lumpur
>>> Poster and Registration
NATIONAL REGULATORY CONFERENCE 2018
Date: 2 - 4th Oct 2018
Venue: Petaling Jaya
>>> More information
SCHOOL BAG SUPPLIES DRIVE
Do you have any UNUSED BAG PACKS piling at home especially after attending conference? They can be use of by students who need a proper school bag – please donate them to them
>>> How to donate School Bag
DISCOUNT FOR CARS - MERCEDES
DISCOUNT FOR CARS - BMW AND MINI
- Pharmacist Cum Business Development / Genecare Sdn Bhd / Klang / please contact Mr Lew 603-3323 6115/ 012-333 9600 or email at email@example.com
- Pharmacist / Nutritionist / Dietition / Pharmacy / Dental Assitant, Clinic Assistant / Pharmacy (Various Locations) / send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mr. Hwang at 017-7782766 or Ms Ng at 016-8937563
- Pharmacist / Medical Supplies (Labuan) Sdn. Bhd / Interested please contact Mr. Wong at 087-415152 / HP:0128285152 / and send your resume to Email: email@example.com
- Pharmacist/Branch Manager, Business Development Senior Executive/Assistant Manager / Sunway Pharmacy (Selangor) / please contact 03-5639 8243 or 03-5639 8697 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lecturer of Pharmacy / MAHSA College Sabah Campus (Sabah) / please email to email@example.com
- Pharmacy Closure Stock & Fixture Clearance / Please call / whatsapp Pn Zuraidah on: 012-226 7323
- Pharmacist / Future Partner / Globe Pharmacy / Ipoh / Please contact Mr Rajiv at 016 260 3444 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist Assistant / OneMeds Pharmacy Sdn Bhd / Cheras, Kuala Lumpur / please contact Mr Philip Siow at 017-338 8071 or 03-8958 7467 or Email at email@example.com
- Pharmacist / PRP / Green River Pharmacy / Penang / please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp / Call at 012-4369358