FEDERATIONS OF ASIAN PHARMACEUTICAL ASSOCIATIONS
815 R. Papa St. Sampaloc Manila, Philippines
Telefax 632- 7349763
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
FAPA LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FAPA LTAA is a distinguished award given to a pharmacist who during the lifetime has made lasting outstanding life-long contributions for the betterment and benefit not just the pharmacy profession but also pharmacy institutions and society. It is to be international in scope and stature.
The Award recognises more on demonstrable tangible persistent performance rather than pure academic in nature, meaning the contribution must be for the improvement or betterment of the pharmacy profession and its impact on practice and society.
The contribution should receive recognitions not just within the local community but also internationally.
The first Award will be given during the 2014 FAPA Congress, and will only be given to deserving candidate who meets the criteria set by the FAPA Council. The frequency of presentation is determined by the FAPA Council, and not exceeding one each time during the Congress.
The nomination must be through a FAPA member organisation and has personal membership, either in active practice or in recent retirement.
Criteria for Award
Documentary evidence supporting the nomination must have indications of:
- Significant or outstanding contributions that benefits the pharmacy profession and the environment of practice, either through research or other activities.
- The work carried out to be consistent and steadfast for a continuous period of at least 15 years
- The contributions having demonstrable impact and influence on the advancement of the pharmacy profession and the wider community.
- Showing recognisable leadership and inspiration to the pharmacy community within and across national borders, and be exemplary in nature.
The call for Nominations will be made through member organisations and at the FAPA website.
Anyone who meets the criteria above may be nominated.
Members may nominate more than one person; however a completed application must accompany each nomination.
Members may nominate more than one person. Each nomination must include:
· a completed application for each nomination
· a short write-up indicating the reason for your nomination
· the nominee’s curriculum vitae
· supporting documentation including publications, citations and any other notable achievements of the nominee within the scope of this Award..
Nominators are responsible for ensuring that all necessary documentation is forwarded with the application, electronically within the specified period.
The President shall appoint the Chairman who will select another four members for the Lifetime Achievement Awards Committee (LTAAC).
2014 FAPA AWARDS Committee shall be composed of the following
Mr. Joseph Wang-Chairman
Dr. Songsak Srianujata (Member)
Mr. Ng Cheng Tiang (Member)
Mr. Nobuo Yamamoto(Member)
Ms. Normita Leyesa (Member)
The Committee is responsible for drafting a point system against the set criteria for the Bureau’s approval before applying it.
The Committee shall select the nominee by reviewing the materials submitted for each nominee against the set criteria, and the points attained must exceed at least 80% of the total score for eligibility for the final selection.
Nominee with the highest score shall be recommended by the Committee to the Bureau for endorsement before being approved by the FAPA Council.
The Secretary-General shall send the collated list of nominations to the LTAAC
The rest shall follow the Ishidate Award Process.
The closing date for the competition shall be 31st Dec 2013. The LTAAC shall be selected by first week of December, 2013 in FAPA HQ office in Manila Philippines. The winner shall be announced and communicated through to all member organizations
The awardee shall received a certificate, a FAPA gold plated medal and cash award and certificate
Click here to DOWNLOAD the Nomination forms Lifetime Achievement Awards