The MPS Hospital Pharmacy Chapter
Advisor En. Amrahi bin Buang
Chairperson En Mohd. Fazli bin Shuib
Secretary Pn Che Zuraini Sulaiman
Assistant Secretary Ms. Wong Yin Yen
Kol Dr A. Halim Bin Haji Basari
Lt Kol Adlan bin Adnan
Ms. Irene Kwan Yee Man
Ms. Lee Seng Dee
Ms Faridah Md Yusof
Ms Cheryl Shajini Pereira
Ms Lee Ser Yiing
Ms. Giam Wei Li
Ms. Sue Hui San
Ms. Anita Victor Bayala
Ms. Sherry Woo Hui Yeng
Ms. Eliza Basir
Ms. Penwalla Nazia Iqbal
Ms. Tan Ai Sze
Ms. Chang Ai Wei
Ms. Mak Yuet Mei
Ms. Susan Cheow Poh Kheng
(Representative from MoH Hospital Pharmacist)
(Representative from MoH Hospital Pharmacist)
The MPS Hospital Pharmacy Chapter is established under the umbrella of Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society representing hospital pharmacists from all sectors namely from public, military, private and teaching institutions. The chapter existence has been a result of realisation of pressing needs surrounding hospital pharmacy practices in order to meet current as well as future challenges.
November 3, 2014 was the first milestone for the Chapter whereby a kick-off meeting was held on amongst a group of Chief/Senior Pharmacists from various hospitals in an effort to form a strong and well-organized component of hospital pharmacy profession. The meeting, in the presence of MPS Deputy President, marked as the starting point of a journey for another equally important pharmacy chapter, the MPS Hospital Pharmacy Chapter. During the meeting, all present deliberated and agreed on the needs to setup a common platform that comprises hospital pharmacists from all sectors namely from MoH, MoE, MoD, and Private Hospitals with the main objective of uniting all hospital pharmacists from those sectors under one umbrella hence stronger representation on hospital pharmacy related matters at national level. Outcomes of the meeting was the formation of steering committee comprises representatives from all sectors and drafting of scope & TOR for the Chapter.
The chapter aims to represent hospital pharmacy profession within Malaysia; develops, standardizes and encourages best practices among hospital pharmacies in order to ensure efficient and effective delivery of pharmaceutical care across the continuum of patient care and best outcomes for patients in the hospital settings. The chapter shall be the driver to support hospital pharmacists in leading collaborative and multidisciplinary initiatives at their respective hospital settings through sharing of best practices and responsibility with other healthcare professionals in the medication management.
Terms of References: MPS Hospital Pharmacy Chapter (MPS HPC)
- Mission Statement
MPS Hospital Pharmacy Chapter represents and develops the hospital pharmacy profession within Malaysia in order to ensure efficient and effective delivery of pharmaceutical care across the continuum of patient care and best outcomes for patients in the hospital setting. This is achieved through the provision of advancement of safe, effective medication use in hospital setting and shared responsibility with other healthcare professionals.
MPS Hospital Pharmacy Chapter’s vision is that medication use will be optimal, safe and effective for all people and safe medication practices is the top priority of all hospital pharmacists.
- To uphold the interests and to represent hospital pharmacists within the Malaysian healthcare systems as well as with relevant health authorities.
- To advocate the provision for safe and effective medication use in healthcare settings.
- To develop hospital pharmacy in order to promote the best medication practices and safe use of medicines
- To connect, learn and share about current issues in hospital pharmacy practices and other specialized pharmacy areas with pharmacists in various fields in Malaysia.
- To support members through advocacy, education, sharing of information, promotion of best practices, facilitation of research and recognition of excellence.
- To act as a platform for the education and training of hospital pharmacists as part of continuing professional development (CPD) including research grants and professional awards, training, and professional resources through various official publications.
- Setting up of social media for the Chapter as communication channel
- Statistical compilation hospital pharmacy in Malaysia
- Sharing of accreditation, achievement and awards amongst hospitals
- Participation in conferences, seminars and workshop
- Articles writing e.g.: “A Day as a Clinical Pharmacist..."
- Activities and events updates eg: World Pharmacists Day, Safety Day, etc
- Frequency of Meetings
Shall meet at meet at least two (2) times annually and may also meet on other occasions
between scheduled meetings to deal with specific matters as and when the need arises.
- Term of Office/Review
The group Terms of Reference (TOR) will be reviewed biannually
- Appointment of Committee Members
Membership of the Hospital Pharmacy Chapter shall be subject to
- Active MPS members with continuous employment in hospital settings (MOE, MOH, MOD & Private)
- Nomination and voluntary basis
- Duration of Appointment
Two years, with facility for reappointment
At least 50% of the members
Mohd Fazli Shuib
MPS Hospital Chapter Chairperson 2013-2016