MPS BALLOT FORM FOR ELECTION OF COUNCIL MEMBERS 2018-2020: UPDATE
This is to inform that the ballot paper for the election of candidates for MPS Council Members 2018 - 2020 has been sent out by post on Tuesday to all members that are eligible to vote, namely Ordinary, Life and Fellow members.
There are 26 candidates who are willing to volunteer their service towards the Society at the MPS level for at least the next 2 years.
The 26 candidates' names are listed alphabetically and each member is permitted to vote for up to a total of 15 candidates (being the total number of vacancies in the council). You may vote less but you cannot vote for more than 15. The ballot form is to be returned in the self-addressed envelope with postage stamp provided. Please do not please in anything else inside this special ballot envelope. It will be opened only during the AGM in front of the members. The ballot form has to reach the MPS secretariat by 5pm 26th April, or you may cast your envelope at the AGM venue.
Only the original ballot paper that you received is valid for voting. Photocopy is not acceptable. During the AGM there will be scrutineers to look at each ballot paper cast
The CV / manifesto of each candidate is available at MPS website together with any optional video that the candidates have submitted.
MPS ANNUAL SEMINAR 2018: DISCOUNT RM200 FOR EARLY REGISTRATION
Get RM200 off your registration fees for the MPS 51st Annual Seminar. Available for the first 500 paid registration
Together with the AGM the MPS Annual Seminar will take place in on 27-29 April 2018 at Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur
The seminar will begin in the afternoon of 27th April, running through to 29th April, with a break on 28th April afternoon for the 51st MPS AGM followed by the Annual Dinner
To make it affordable there will be a discount of RM200 for the first 500 members and this include the price of the dinner - all for RM530/- (exclude accommodation and transport)
It is never too early to register especially If you want to take advantage of the discount. Be the first 500 to do so to qualify and not be missed out
>>> Registration form, program and hotel booking form
INVITATION FOR ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AT THE MPS AGM
Members who wish to table any item for discussion during the AGM are invited to do so. Please submit your proposal to reach the Honorary Secretary by 29th March 2018. Such notice shall be proposed by one Ordinary Member and seconded by at least one other Ordinary Member (see below for the invitation in the Notice of AGM)
In your proposal please provide a main title, and an accompanying explanation of the issue. This will facilitate discussion.
You may email your proposals to the Honorary Secretary at MPS secretariat email: email@example.com
NOTICE OF MPS 51ST AGM: 28TH APRIL 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the 51st Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society shall take place at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur on 28th April 2018 (Saturday) at 2:30p.m.
All MPS Members are invited to attend.
Among the agenda would be:
- To receive the Annual Report of the Council.
- To receive the Statement of Accounts 2017 duly audited.
- To alter or amend the Constitution, Article or Rules of the Society ( if any )
- To elect Chairman for purpose of the election of council members.
- To appoint scrutineers for the counting of ballot
- To carry out the election of Council Members 2018/2020
- To appoint 2 auditors for the year 2018/2020
- To discuss any other matters, notice of which shall be given to the Honorary Secretary at least 4 weeks before the date of the meeting.
- Members who wish to table any item(s) for discussion during the AGM are requested to submit their proposal(s) to reach the Honorary Secretary by 29th March 2018. Such notice shall be proposed by one Ordinary Member and seconded by at least one other Ordinary Member.
- Members attending AGM of Professional Society qualify for two CPE Points (under CPD Category B3).
You may RSVP your attendance by 14th April 2018 (Saturday) to MPS Secretariat
>>> The Notice of AGM with the full agenda and RSVP form is available at the MPS website
BFM HEALTH & LIVING LIVE 2018
Theme: Cost & Ethics of Healthcare
A Future-Focused Health & Care System
Date: Saturday, 7th April, 2018
Time: 10am to 5pm (registration starts at 9am)
Venue: Connexion @ Nexus, Bangsar South City
BFM Health and Living Live 2018 is all about a future-focused healthcare system. This event is organised in collaboration with the MPS.
The program will centering the conversations on the health needs of an older and wiser population, as we are inevitably living longer and have better access to information and technology thanks to an improved quality of life.
>>> more information and registration
AGM OF STATES / AREA COMMITTEE
14TH Jan : Penang
26th Jan: Terengganu
3rd Mar: Sarawak Pharmaceutical Society
18th Mar: Perak
1st Apr: Negeri Sembilan
7th Apr: Pahang
22 Apr: Sabah Pharmaceutial Society (tentative)
24 Apr: Kelantan (to be confirmed)
27-29 Apr: MPS 51st Annual Seminar and AGM
June: Kedah / Perlis (to be confirmed)
Johore: to be confirmed
Malacca: AGM conducted late last year
YOUR MPS MEMBERSHIP PROFILE ONLINE
Each time a pharmacist join the MPS, the personal particulars are stored online at the MPS website database, besides being stored at the MPS server in MPS itself. For those new members who apply online their information are automatically saved to the database.
Existing members data are already in the database as they have been keyed in manually by the secretariat.
With this online database, members can now view their profile online at the MPS website. Once login, members may check their profile and update some of the profile information if necessary.
Please note that not all items can be updated by member and they are Member's name, membership type, login name and password.
Information that you can update by yourself are:-
|1. home address
2. home city
3. home state
4. home post code
5. home post country
6. home phone
7. mobile phone
8. work company
10. home address
|11. home city
12. home state
13. home post code
14. home post country
15. home phone
16. mobile phone
17. work company
19. work address
20. work city
|21. work state
22. work postcode
23. work country
24. work phone
25. work phone extension
26. work fax
28. curriculum vitae
>>> Guide to update member profile
MPS MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL 2018 AND MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
The MPS appreciates and value your membership. Your renewal would provide MPS with a stronger voice to participate in representing the pharmacists in various forums.
Renew now and as an immediate appreciation of your renewal or new membership, each will be entitled to a gift card to redeem a bottle of health supplement
>>> Membership Drive Form
Alternatively renewal can also be carried using any one of the options available here
New members may also apply using any of these options
WORLD ALLERGY DAY PUBLIC FORUM
8th APRIL 2018, KUALA LUMPUR
A World Allergy Day Public Forum will be held on Sunday, 8th April, 2018; 2-5pm, at Intercontinental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. It is open to all who are concerned about allergies prevention and management, especially among your kids. View our event poster to sign up. It's free of charge!
>>> More information on the Programme and Speakers
>>> Click here to RSVP
CMED: COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINES STRUCTURED LEARNING
This program, developed by Blackmores Institute in collaboration with MPS involve a series of online courses with a final Masterclass in various states. More Masterclasses are being conducted .
For more information and on how to take part and the schedule of the Masterclass:
OBITUARY - MR TONG YEW SUM
The late Mr Tong Yew Sum passed away peacefully on 27th March 2018 at the age of 75 years old.
He was active in the founding years of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society as a council member for many terms, and also as a Vice President. He was a vocal member who speaks out and a dedicated pharmacist at heart.
Being a stakeholder in manufacturing, distribution and community pharmacy he played significant role in influencing the pharmaceutical industry especially through Malaysian Organisation of Pharmaceutical Industry (MOPI) as an Exco member and later its Executive Director for many years, even in recent years. He attempted to form the Malaysian Community Pharmacy Guild in the 80's. He continued to support MPS attending important events.
His untimely departure is a loss to pharmacy and the industry, and least to those who knew him who would sadly missed him.
- 29/3/2018 (Thursday), 6:30-10:00pm
- 30/3/2018 (Friday), 6:30pm onwards with Grand Lodge service at 8pm, held at
Level 2, Parlour 23 (Sunflower suite)
Address: Wisma Nirvana No 1, 1/116A, Off Jalan Sungai Besi, 57100 Kuala Lumpur.
Funeral on 31/3/2018 (Saturday), 9.30am (Wisma Nirvana) where cortege leaves to Nirvana Shah Alam crematorium for cremation by 10am.
The family informed that in lieu of flowers, you are most welcome to make a donation to charities supported by the Freemasons.
COMPULSORY USE OF COMMUNITY PHARMACY LOGO
>>> Use of community pharmacy logo circular
>>> Community pharmacy logo with colour coding
>>> Video on launch of Community Pharmacy logo
MALAYSIAN CLINICAL PHARMACY SYMPOSIUM (MCPS) 2018 | WISMA MPS, PUCHONG
- Date: 31st March 2018 (Sat)
- Venue: Wisma MPS, Puchong
- Time: 8:30am - 2:00pm
Registration is now closed but you can follow them on >>> https://www.facebook.com/MCPS2018
10th NATIONAL PHARMACY R & D PHARMACY CONFERENCE 2018
Enhancing Access to Medicines Through Value-Based Approaches
9-11 July 2018
Royal Chulan Hotel, Seremban
>>> More info and registration
6th INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE CONFERENCE ON PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
Date:15-16 August 2018
Venue: IMU Bukit Jalil Campus, Kuala Lumpur
>>> Poster and Registration
NATIONAL REGULATORY CONFERENCE 2018
Date: 2 - 4th Oct 2018
Venue: Petaling Jaya
>>> More information
SCHOOL BAG SUPPLIES DRIVE
Do you have any UNUSED BAG PACKS piling at home especially after attending conference? They can be use of by students who need a proper school bag ? please donate them to them
>>> How to donate School Bag
DISCOUNT FOR CARS - MERCEDES
DISCOUNT FOR CARS - BMW AND MINI
- Medical Scientific Liaison / Acute Hospital Care / Please send your CV’s to Jeddylynne.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply by clicking this link:https://jobs.msd.com/MSD/job/Malaysia-Medical-Science-Liaison-Job/465675300/
- Pharmacist / Health Lane Family Pharmacy / (KL City Center, Klang, Seremban, Senawang, Negeri Sembilan) / please contact Ms Katherine (from HR) at 03-4041 9182 or email resume to email@example.com
- Pharmacist Cum Business Development / Genecare Sdn Bhd / Klang / please contact Mr Lew 603-3323 6115/ 012-333 9600 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist / Nutritionist / Dietition / Pharmacy / Dental Assitant, Clinic Assistant / Pharmacy (Various Locations) / send your resume to email@example.com or contact Mr. Hwang at 017-7782766 or Ms Ng at 016-8937563
- Pharmacist / Medical Supplies (Labuan) Sdn. Bhd / Interested please contact Mr. Wong at 087-415152 / HP:0128285152 / and send your resume to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist/Branch Manager, Business Development Senior Executive/Assistant Manager / Sunway Pharmacy (Selangor) / please contact 03-5639 8243 or 03-5639 8697 Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Lecturer of Pharmacy / MAHSA College Sabah Campus (Sabah) / please email to firstname.lastname@example.org