MPS ANNUAL SEMINAR 2018: DISCOUNT RM200 FOR EARLY REGISTRATION
As announced earlier, the 51st MPS Annual Seminar will take place in on 27-29 April 2018 at Hotel Istana.
An update on the program is available online.
The seminar will begin in the afternoon of 27th April, running through to 29th April, with a break on 28th April afternoon for the 51st MPS AGM followed by the Annual Dinner
To make it affordable there will be a discount of RM200 for the first 500 members and this include the price of the dinner - all for RM530/- (exclude accommodation and transport)
It is never too early to register especially If you want to take advantage of the discount. Be the first 500 to do so to qualify and not be missed out
>>> Registration form, program and hotel booking form
MPS BALLOT FORM FOR ELECTION OF COUNCIL MEMBERS
Election of MPS Council Members take place once every 2 years.
And 2018 is the year for the election. Nomination has been received for 26 candidates who are willing to volunteer their service towards the Society at the MPS level for at least the next 2 years.
The ballot form will be in the post soon - watch out for the postal delivery. Instructions for voting are given in the ballot form itself.
In summary each member is permitted to vote a total of up to 15 candidates (being the total number of vacancies in the council). The ballot form is to be returned in the self-addressed envelope with postage stamp provided. Please do not send in anything else inside this special ballot envelope. It will be opened only during the AGM in front of the members. The ballot form has to reached the MPS secretariat by 5pm 26th April, after which you may cast your envelope at the AGM venue.
The CV / manifesto of each candidate will be available at the MPS website soon. For this year there is an option for a video of the candidate manifesto also which you can view soon.
INVITATION FOR ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AT THE MPS AGM
Members who wish to table any item for discussion during the AGM are invited to do so. Please submit your proposal to reach the Honorary Secretary by 29th March 2018. Such notice shall be proposed by one Ordinary Member and seconded by at least one other Ordinary Member ( see below for the invitation in the Notice of AGM)
In your proposal please provide a main title, and an accompanying explanation of the issue. This will facilitate discussion.
You may email your proposals to the Honorary Secretary at MPS secretariat email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE OF MPS 51ST AGM: 28TH APRIL 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the 51st Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society shall take place at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur on 28th April 2018 (Saturday) at 2:30p.m.
All MPS Members are invited to attend.
Among the agenda would be:
- To receive the Annual Report of the Council.
- To receive the Statement of Accounts 2017 duly audited.
- To alter or amend the Constitution, Article or Rules of the Society ( if any )
- To elect Chairman for purpose of the election of council members.
- To appoint scrutineers for the counting of ballot
- To carry out the election of Council Members 2018/2020
- To appoint 2 auditors for the year 2018/2020
- To discuss any other matters, notice of which shall be given to the Honorary Secretary at least 4 weeks before the date of the meeting.
- Members who wish to table any item(s) for discussion during the AGM are requested to submit their proposal(s) to reach the Honorary Secretary by 29th March 2018. Such notice shall be proposed by one Ordinary Member and seconded by at least one other Ordinary Member.
- Members attending AGM of Professional Society qualify for two CPE Points (under CPD Category B3).
You may RSVP your attendance by 14th April 2018 (Saturday) to MPS Secretariat
>>> The Notice of AGM with the full agenda and RSVP form is available at the MPS website
MPS - PERAK AREA AGM
Congratulations to the newly elected Perak Area Committee whose AGM took place last week on Sunday, 18 March 2018
In the committee the members are from the Ministry of Health (5), regulatory (2), community (1) and private hospital (2)
Introducing the new committee
Standing(L to R):
Muhammad Fadhullah B. Roslan: Committee
Joanna Selvi Reneeraj: Committee
Vanitha Ramachandran: Immediate Past Chairperson
Liyana Amira bt Hasnol: Committee
Samuel Chew Jin Yew: Committee
Sitting (L to R):
Harpreet Kaur: Treasurer
Nirmala Devi; Vice Chairperson
Leong Weng Choy: Chairperson
Leong Sin Yee: Secretary
(Not in pic, Thong Kah Shuen: Committee
Desmond Chen Kian Loy: Auditor
Santhanathan S. Rajendram: Auditor)
AGM OF STATES / AREA COMMITTEE
14TH Jan : Penang
26th Jan: Terengganu
3rd Mar: Sarawak Pharmaceutical Soiety
18th Mar: Perak
1st Apr: Negeri Sembilan
7th Apr: Pahang
22 Apr: Sabah Pharmaceutial Society (tentative)
24 Apr: Kelantan (to be confirmed)
27-29 Apr: MPS 51st Annual Seminar and AGM
June: Kedah / Perlis (to be confirmed)
Johore: to be confirmed
Malacca: AGM conducted late last year
YOUR MPS MEMBERSHIP PROFILE ONLINE
Members can now view their profile online at the MPS website. Once login, members may check their profile and update some of the profile information if necessary.
Please note that not all items can be updated by member and they are Member's name, membership type, login name and password.
Information that you can update by yourself are:-
|1. home address
2. home city
3. home state
4. home post code
5. home post country
6. home phone
7. mobile phone
8. work company
10. home address
|11. home city
12. home state
13. home post code
14. home post country
15. home phone
16. mobile phone
17. work company
19. work address
20. work city
|21. work state
22. work postcode
23. work country
24. work phone
25. work phone extension
26. work fax
28. curriculum vitae
>>> Guide to update member profile
MPS MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL 2018 AND MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
The MPS appreciates and value your membership. Your renewal would provide MPS with a stronger voice to participate in representing the pharmacists in various forums.
Renew now and as an immediate appreciation of your renewal or new membership, each will be entitled to a gift card to redeem a bottle of health supplement
>>> Membership Drive Form
Alternatively renewal can also be carried using any one of the options available here
New members may also apply using any of these options
WORLD ALLERGY DAY PUBLIC FORUM
8th APRIL 2018,
A World Allergy Day Public Forum will be held on Sunday, 8th April, 2018; 2-5pm, at Intercontinental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. It is open to all who are concerned about allergies prevention and management, especially among your kids. View our event poster to sign up. It's free of charge!
>>> More information on the Programme and Speakers
>>> Click here to RSVP
PHARMACIST ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING ON ANTIMICROBIALS (PASMA)
This shall take place on 8-9 May 2018 at Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
It has been more than a decade ago since pharmacists were actively involved in the AMS program; started off with monitoring of antibiotic use, AMS has now become an important program throughout the nation. It is indeed a very challenging field, which requires deep and up-to-date knowledge on the treatment of infectious diseases, skills in handling quality initiative projects with good and effective communication skills, in carrying out the programs. All of these would be the main objectives of this first pharmacist scientific meeting on antimicrobials and hopefully, it will be of interest to all pharmacist in hospital domain and community.
>>> Click here for Registration and Program
CMED: COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINES STRUCTURED LEARNING - CHANGED IN MASTERCLASS SCHEDULE
This program, developed by Blackmores Institute in collaboration with MPS involve a series of online courses with a final Masterclass in various states. To date 2 Masterclass had been conducted and another one today (15th March) in Johor Bharu
For more information:
There are some changes in the schedule of Masterclass and those interested are kindly to take note - Ipoh (1st Apr), Kota Kinabalu (7th Apr), and Kuching (8th Apr)
COMPULSORY USE OF COMMUNITY PHARMACY LOGO
>>> Use of community pharmacy logo circular
>>> Community pharmacy logo with colour coding
>>> Video on launch of Community Pharmacy logo
MALAYSIAN CLINICAL PHARMACY SYMPOSIUM (MCPS) 2018 | WISMA MPS, PUCHONG
- Date: 31st March 2018 (Sat)
- Venue: Wisma MPS, Puchong
- Time: 8:30am - 2:00pm
Registration is now closed but you can follow them on >>> https://www.facebook.com/MCPS2018
NATIONAL RENAL PHARMACY SCIENTIFIC MEETING
Date: 27-29 March 2018
Venue: Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Program: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3
Click here for Registration Form / Click here for Abstract Submission
10th NATIONAL PHARMACY R & D PHARMACY CONFERENCE 2018
Enhancing Access to Medicines Through Value-Based Approaches
9-11 July 2018
Royal Chulan Hotel, Seremban
>>> More info and registration
6th INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE CONFERENCE ON PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
Date:15-16 August 2018
Venue: IMU Bukit Jalil Campus, Kuala Lumpur
>>> Poster and Registration
NATIONAL REGULATORY CONFERENCE 2018
Date: 2 - 4th Oct 2018
Venue: Petaling Jaya
>>> More information
SCHOOL BAG SUPPLIES DRIVE
Do you have any UNUSED BAG PACKS piling at home especially after attending conference? They can be use of by students who need a proper school bag ? please donate them to them
>>> How to donate School Bag
DISCOUNT FOR CARS - MERCEDES
DISCOUNT FOR CARS - BMW AND MINI
- Pharmacist / Health Lane Family Pharmacy / (KL City Center, Klang, Seremban, Senawang, Negeri Sembilan) / please contact Ms Katherine (from HR) at 03-4041 9182 or email resume to email@example.com
- Pharmacist Cum Business Development / Genecare Sdn Bhd / Klang / please contact Mr Lew 603-3323 6115/ 012-333 9600 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist / Nutritionist / Dietition / Pharmacy / Dental Assitant, Clinic Assistant / Pharmacy (Various Locations) / send your resume to email@example.com or contact Mr. Hwang at 017-7782766 or Ms Ng at 016-8937563
- Pharmacist / Medical Supplies (Labuan) Sdn. Bhd / Interested please contact Mr. Wong at 087-415152 / HP:0128285152 / and send your resume to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist/Branch Manager, Business Development Senior Executive/Assistant Manager / Sunway Pharmacy (Selangor) / please contact 03-5639 8243 or 03-5639 8697 Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Lecturer of Pharmacy / MAHSA College Sabah Campus (Sabah) / please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacy Closure Stock & Fixture Clearance / Please call / whatsapp Pn Zuraidah on: 012-226 7323
- Pharmacist / Future Partner / Globe Pharmacy / Ipoh / Please contact Mr Rajiv at 016 260 3444 or email at email@example.com
- Pharmacist Assistant / OneMeds Pharmacy Sdn Bhd / Cheras, Kuala Lumpur / please contact Mr Philip Siow at 017-338 8071 or 03-8958 7467 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org