MPS ANNUAL SEMINAR 2018
It is here again - the MPS annual seminar is here, happening from 27-29 April 2018 at Hotel Istana, a venue that is much known to many due to its strategic location
Leveraging Collaboration for Better Patient Outcomes is the theme. Pharmacists, and in fact most people need to collaborate and leverage for better outcomes so that much more will benefit. One cannot do or know all so one need to leverage on the knowledge of one another and in this collaborative manner make progress in taking of clients.
There will be a total of 22 lectures and a Forum on Online Pharmacy: Is It the Future.
The seminar will begin in the afternoon of 27th April, running through to 29th April, with a break on 28th April afternoon for the 51st MPS AGM followed by the Annual Dinner
To make it affordable there will be a discount of RM200 for the first 500 members and this include the price of the dinner ? all for RM530/- (exclude accommodation and transport)
Do register to take part and at same time interact and network with friends and coursemates from all over the country
>>> Registration form, program and hotel booking form
MPS NOTICE OF AGM - EXTENSION OF NOMINATION DATE OF COUNCIL MEMBERS
Election of MPS Council Members take place once every 2 years
And 2018 is the year for the election. Furthur to the notice of the MPS AGM dated 1st Feb and calling for nomination for council member election, please note that the dateline for nomination is extended to 14th March.
Do submit your nomination of your choice of candidate as soon as possible using the nomination form. After the closing date of the nominations there will be an election through the postal ballot of the nominated candidates. 15 of the candidates that obtain the highest votes will be considered elected to the MPS Council. Counting of these votes will take place at the MPS AGM. From these elected council members, the office bearers will be elected from among them at the AGM itself.
Candidates are invited to submit a CV as well a 3-minute video of themselves and their manifesto or purpose of being a council member
Please participate in this process of the AGM to elect in the candidate of your choice.
Read further below for the call for AGM and nomination forms
NOTICE OF MPS 51ST AGM: 28TH APRIL 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the 51st Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society shall take place at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur on 28th April 2018 (Saturday) at 2:30p.m.
All MPS Members are invited to attend.
Among the agenda would be:
- To receive the Annual Report of the Council.
- To receive the Statement of Accounts 2017 duly audited.
- To alter or amend the Constitution, Article or Rules of the Society ( if any )
- To elect Chairman for purpose of the election of council members.
- To appoint scrutineers for the counting of ballot
- To carry out the election of Council Members 2018/2020
- To appoint 2 auditors for the year 2018/2020
- To discuss any other matters, notice of which shall be given to the Honorary Secretary at least 4 weeks before the date of the meeting.
- Members who wish to table any item(s) for discussion during the AGM are requested to submit their proposal(s) to reach the Honorary Secretary by 29th March 2018. Such notice shall be proposed by one Ordinary Member and seconded by at least one other Ordinary Member.
- 2. Members attending AGM of Professional Society qualify for two CPE Points (under CPD Category B3).
You may RSVP your attendance by 14th April 2018 (Saturday) to MPS Secretariat
>>> The Notice of AGM with the full agenda and RSVP form is available at the MPS website
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR COUNCIL MEMBERS 2018/2020
TO: ALL FELLOW, LIFE AND ORDINARY MEMBERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT there will be fifteen (15) vacancies for the post of Council Member open for election at the 51st ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society which will be held at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur on 28th April 2018 (Saturday) at 2:30p.m.
All outgoing Council Members are eligible for re-election. Some of the conditions of nomination are:
- Only ORDINARY Members who have paid their 2017/2018 subscriptions, FELLOWS and LIFE Members are entitled to nominate or stand for election.
- The member being nominated must also have been a member of MPS for at least 2 years prior to the date of the AGM.
- Each member may nominate from 1 up to a maximum 15 candidates by using the Nomination Slip.
- Each candidate may submit a short C.V. which should include the following: Full Name / Home/Work Address / Year of Graduation and Name of Institution / Work Experience / Past Contribution to Society (if any) / What is the candidate goals of being in the MPS Council.
- All candidates shall also have to option to submit a one time 3-minute video of the candidate's manifesto / CV of the same information as above. This will be posted on the MPS website
- Closing date for the nomination is 14th March 2018.
A list of the FELLOWS, LIFE and PAID UP ORDINARY Members in 2017/2018 is available for viewing at the MPS website or you may call up the secretariat to confirm the membership status of the pharmacist you wish to nominate.
Those who have already paid up their 2017/2018 subscription but whose names are omitted in the list, are to inform the MPS secretariat immediately for clarification
The full details of the Call for Nomination is available at the MPS website
>>> Call for Nomination
>>> 2018 Nomination form v4
FORUM ON ZONING OF COMMUNITY PHARMACY
The location or zoning of community pharmacies have been discussed at length some years ago, with attempts to incorporate such criteria into the Benchmarking Guidelines for Community Pharmacy. It is felt that each community pharmacy should not be open too close to each other and especially not just next door for the orderly practice of the profession.
Thus, MPS is organising an open forum to discuss the issues of zoning and eventually prepare a memorandum to the Pharmacy Services Program, Ministry of Health for the incorporation of the zoning statement into the Guidelines.
Date: Saturday, 10th March 2018
Venue: Wisma MPS
The Forum is open to all pharmacists who owns and / or operating pharmacies. Do feel free to inform any of these pharmacists who are also welcome to the Forum.
Please send in your confirmation of attendance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject matter as : CPZ - "your name"
>>> Full information and program
MPS - PERAK AREA AGM AND SEMINAR
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the year 2018 of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society Perak Area will be held at the Kinta Riverfront Hotel, Ipoh on Sunday, 18 March 2018 at 11.00 a.m.
Members are reminded to renew their membership before the AGM to be eligible to vote.
>>> MPS Perak Registration form and program
BENEFITS OF JOINING AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION ? SUCH AS FIP
BY HAH HUI LING
Whether you are still studying, just stepped into the working world, or an industry veteran, it is never too late to reap the benefits of being a part of an international organization. There are countless of such organizations out there: Toastmasters International, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP), almost something for any career, interests or cause that is relevant to you. Since we are all pharmacists, let's just talk about the one organization that unites us all throughout the world ? the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP).
What is FIP?
Why should you join FIP?
>>> Read more
NATIONAL REGULATORY CONFERENCE 2018
The next National Regulatory Conference shall take place from 2 - 4th Oct 2018 in a venue in Petaling Jaya. It will be jointly organised by the National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency and the MPS. This is an initial announcement to block of your dates. More details shall be available soon
MPS MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL 2018 AND MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
The MPS appreciates and value your membership. Your renewal would provide MPS with a stronger voice to participate in representing the pharmacists in various forums.
Renew now and as an immediate appreciation of your renewal or new membership, each will be entitled to a gift card to redeem a bottle of health supplement
>>> Membership Drive Form
Alternatively renewal can also be carried using any one of the options available here
New members may also apply using any of these options
COMPULSORY USE OF COMMUNITY PHARMACY LOGO
>>> Use of community pharmacy logo circular
>>> Community pharmacy logo with colour coding
>>> Video on launch of Community Pharmacy logo
STANDARD PRICING AND BONUSING SCHEME FOR ALL HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
Circular from the Ministry of Health calling all manufacturers and distributors to follow the GPTP and offer uniform pricing to all community pharmacy, clinics and private hospitals
CMED: COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINES STRUCTURED LEARNING
This program is developed by Blackmores Institute in collaboration with MPS - a series of online courses with a final Masterclass in various states
MALAYSIAN CLINICAL PHARMACY SYMPOSIUM (MCPS) 2018 | WISMA MPS, PUCHONG
- Date: 31st March 2018 (Sat)
- Venue: Wisma MPS, Puchong
- Time: 8:30am - 2:00pm
Registration is now closed but you can follow them on >>> https://www.facebook.com/MCPS2018
NATIONAL RENAL PHARMACY SCIENTIFIC MEETING
Date: 27-29 March 2018
Venue: Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Program: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3
Click here for Registration Form / Click here for Abstract Submission
10th NATIONAL PHARMACY R & D PHARMACY CONFERENCE 2018
Enhancing Access to Medicines Through Value-Based Approaches
9-11 July 2018
Royal Chulan Hotel, Seremban
>>> More info and registration
6th INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE CONFERENCE ON PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
Date:15-16 August 2018
Venue: IMU Bukit Jalil Campus, Kuala Lumpur
>>> Poster and Registration
SCHOOL BAG SUPPLIES DRIVE
Do you have any UNUSED BAG PACKS piling at home especially after attending conference? They can be use of by students who need a proper school bag ? please donate them to them
>>> How to donate School Bag
DISCOUNT FOR CARS - MERCEDES
DISCOUNT FOR CARS - BMW AND MINI
- Pharmacist / Nutritionist / Dietition / Pharmacy / Dental Assitant, Clinic Assistant / Pharmacy (Various Locations) / send your resume to email@example.com or contact Mr. Hwang at 017-7782766 or Ms Ng at 016-8937563
- Pharmacist / Medical Supplies (Labuan) Sdn. Bhd / Interested please contact Mr. Wong
at 087-415152 / HP:0128285152 / and send your resume to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist/Branch Manager, Business Development Senior Executive/Assistant Manager / Sunway Pharmacy (Selangor) / please contact 03-5639 8243 or 03-5639 8697
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lecturer of Pharmacy / MAHSA College Sabah Campus (Sabah) / please email to email@example.com
- Pharmacy Closure Stock & Fixture Clearance / Please call / whatsapp Pn Zuraidah on: 012-226 7323
- Pharmacist / Future Partner / Globe Pharmacy / Ipoh / Please contact Mr Rajiv at 016 260 3444 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist Assistant / OneMeds Pharmacy Sdn Bhd / Cheras, Kuala Lumpur / please contact Mr Philip Siow at 017-338 8071 or 03-8958 7467 or Email at email@example.com
- Pharmacist / PRP / Green River Pharmacy / Penang / please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp / Call at 012-4369358
- Retail Pharmacist / Highland Pharmacy / Cameran Highland / please contact 05-4915118
or email at email@example.com
- Pharmacist / Aegle Pharma / TTDI KL / please contact Dr Sangeet at 012-324 6737
- Pharmacy Assistant / Monarch Pharmacy / Petaling Jaya / Monday-Friday job / please contact Ms Chang at 017-272 8933