MPS NOTICE OF AGM - EXTENSION OF NOMINATION DATE OF COUNCIL MEMBERS
Election of MPS Council Members take place once every 2 years
And 2018 is the year for the election. Furthur to the notice of the MPS AGM dated 1st Feb and calling for nomination for council member election, please note that the dateline for nomination is extended to 14th March.
Do submit your nomination of your choice of candidate as soon as possible using the nomination form. After the closing date of the nominations there will be an election through the postal ballot of the nominated candidates. 15 of the candidates that obtain the highest votes will be considered elected to the MPS Council. Counting of these votes will take place at the MPS AGM. From these elected council members, the office bearers will be elected from among them at the AGM itself.
Candidates are invited to submit a CV as well a 3-minute video of themselves and their manifesto or purpose of being a council member
Please participate in this process of the AGM to elect in the candidate of your choice.
Read further below for the call for AGM and nomination forms
NOTICE OF MPS 51ST AGM: 28TH APRIL 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the 51st Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society shall take place at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur on 28th April 2018 (Saturday) at 2:30p.m.
All MPS Members are invited to attend.
Among the agenda would be:
- To receive the Annual Report of the Council.
- To receive the Statement of Accounts 2017 duly audited.
- To alter or amend the Constitution, Article or Rules of the Society ( if any )
- To elect Chairman for purpose of the election of council members.
- To appoint scrutineers for the counting of ballot
- To carry out the election of Council Members 2018/2020
- To appoint 2 auditors for the year 2018/2020
- To discuss any other matters, notice of which shall be given to the Honorary Secretary at least 4 weeks before the date of the meeting.
- Members who wish to table any item(s) for discussion during the AGM are requested to submit their proposal(s) to reach the Honorary Secretary by 29th March 2018. Such notice shall be proposed by one Ordinary Member and seconded by at least one other Ordinary Member.
- 2. Members attending AGM of Professional Society qualify for two CPE Points (under CPD Category B3).
You may RSVP your attendance by 14th April 2018 (Saturday) to MPS Secretariat
>>> The Notice of AGM with the full agenda and RSVP form is available at the MPS website
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR COUNCIL MEMBERS 2018/2020
TO: ALL FELLOW, LIFE AND ORDINARY MEMBERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT there will be fifteen (15) vacancies for the post of Council Member open for election at the 51st ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society which will be held at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur on 28th April 2018 (Saturday) at 2:30p.m.
All outgoing Council Members are eligible for re-election. Some of the conditions of nomination are:
- Only ORDINARY Members who have paid their 2017/2018 subscriptions, FELLOWS and LIFE Members are entitled to nominate or stand for election.
- The member being nominated must also have been a member of MPS for at least 2 years prior to the date of the AGM.
- Each member may nominate from 1 up to a maximum 15 candidates by using the Nomination Slip.
- Each candidate may submit a short C.V. which should include the following: Full Name / Home/Work Address / Year of Graduation and Name of Institution / Work Experience / Past Contribution to Society (if any) / What is the candidate goals of being in the MPS Council.
- All candidates shall also have to option to submit a one time 3-minute video of the candidate's manifesto / CV of the same information as above. This will be posted on the MPS website
- Closing date for the nomination is 14th March 2018.
A list of the FELLOWS, LIFE and PAID UP ORDINARY Members in 2017/2018 is available for viewing at the MPS website or you may call up the secretariat to confirm the membership status of the pharmacist you wish to nominate.
Those who have already paid up their 2017/2018 subscription but whose names are omitted in the list, are to inform the MPS secretariat immediately for clarification
The full details of the Call for Nomination is available at the MPS website
>>> Call for Nomination
>>> 2018 Nomination form v4
FORUM ON ZONING OF COMMUNITY PHARMACY
The location or zoning of community pharmacies have been discussed at length some years ago, with attempts to incorporate such criteria into the Benchmarking Guidelines for Community Pharmacy. It is felt that each community pharmacy should not be open too close to each other and especially not just next door for the orderly practice of the profession.
Thus, MPS is organising an open forum to discuss the issues of zoning and eventually prepare a memorandum to the Pharmacy Services Program, Ministry of Health for the incorporation of the zoning statement into the Guidelines.
Date: Saturday, 10th March 2018
Venue: Wisma MPS
The Forum is open to all pharmacists who owns and / or operating pharmacies. Do feel free to inform any of these pharmacists who are also welcome to the Forum.
Please send in your confirmation of attendance by email to email@example.com with the subject matter as : CPZ - "your name"
>>> Full information and program
FINAL REPORT: MARKET REVIEW ON PHARMACEUTICAL SECTOR UNDER COMPETITION ACT 2010
The MYCC had carried out a Public Consultation on Market Review of Pharmaceutical Sector under Competition Act 2010 on 22nd November 2017 at Cititel Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
The final report of the Market Review of Pharmaceutical Sector has been uploaded on the MyCC website. Please click this LINK for your kind reading.
BIM NEWS FEB 2018
BIM (Balai Ikhthiasis Malaysia or Malaysian Professional Centre) is the umbrella body of professionals in Malaysia.
The President of BIM is currently held by a pharmacist, Mr John Chang
Read about the other professional bodies activities in their latest Professional Bulletin
- NAPSEC Meeting (what is Napsec ?)
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport ? International President 2020
- Young Pharmacists Summit ? yes the MPS YPC activities also appeared in their news
- Healthy Soils Workshop
- Designing Landscape
- MPS rings the bell over medicines (another MPS news)
And many more
WORLD ALLERGY DAY PUBLIC FORUM
Having runny nose? Scratching your itching skin?
Allergy is a common term among many Malaysians, but many people are not aware that they are allergic to certain substances. They suffer with allergy without knowing the underlying causes and ways to manage it. Most allergic disorders are not life-threatening or contagious, but allergies can be debilitating and have a strong impact on patients' quality of life.
This year, the Malaysian Society of Allergy and Immunology (MSAI) and the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society-Young Pharmacist Chapter (MPS-YPC) is collaborating for the first time to organize a public health forum in conjunction with the World Allergy Week 2018. This forum is mainly sponsored by Bayer, and co-sponsored by Acutest Systems (M) Sdn Bhd and Dr Buds Organics. It aims to uncover the common issues of nose and skin allergies, intended to help heighten general public awareness of allergy related problems.
This public forum will be held on Sunday, 4 April, 2018, at Intercontinental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. It is opened to all who are concerned about allergies prevention and management, especially among the kids. Parents can bring along their children as this event is free of charge and kids' corner will be provided. In addition, attractive door gifts amounting to RM100 will be given away!
Join us! Kindly RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp Fazlina @ 017-224 0907 for any inquiries.
>>> For more information
GAZETTING AND ENFORCEMENT OF IMPORT e-PERMIT OF POLYMYXIN INCLUDING COLISTIN
Please note that it is already gazette and it will be take into effect the enforcement of Import e-Permit under the Custom Order (Prohibition of Import) for Polymyxin with Colistin
According to the circular from the Pharmacy Regulatory Division which read:
Polymyxin termasuk polymyxin B dan polymyxin E (colistin) telah disenaraikan ke dalam Perintah Kastam (Larangan Mengenai Import) (Pindaan) 2018 P.U.(A) 57 berkuatkuasa 1 Mac 2018. Oleh yang demikian, bermula 1 Mac 2018, setiap pemgimportan polymycin termasuk polymyxin B dan polymyxin E (colistin) dalam semua bentuk sama ada bahan mentah, persediaan farmaseutikal atau persediaan lain termasuk dalam makanan untuk kegunaan veterinar perlu memohon Permit Import (e-Permit) dari Bahagian ini sebelum pengimportan dibuat. Pengimport polymyxin termasuk colistin perlu memastikan selain daripada memiliki lesen racun jenis A /B di bawah Akta Racun 1952 dan lesen mengimport produk berdaftar, pengimport juga perlu memohon Permit Import (e-Permit).
>>> Pewartaan Polymyxin
>>> Warta Kerajaan Persekutuan
THE MALAYSIAN COMMUNITY PHARMACY GUILD
The Malaysian Community Pharmacy Guild (MCPG) proudly brings to you the first ever Pharmacy Tech and Innovation Summit held in Malaysia.
The theme of this summit is "Pharmacy Revolution 4.0".
||The Oak Hall by iSpace
Menara Obyu, 4, Jalan PJU 8/8A, Damansara Perdana,
47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
||11th March 2018 (Sunday)
||9.00am - 3.00PM
MCPG is pleased to offer a special price of RM 150 per ticket to all MPS members to participate at this event (Normal price is RM200)
This ticket includes participation fees, meals (breakfast + lunch + evening tea), CPD points (for pharmacists) and goodies bag.
For registration please check out the attached poster
>>> MCPG Poster and Registration 2018
>>> MCPG Program 2018
>>> MCPG Speaker 2018
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND (PDF)
Good news to all MPS pharmacists below 35 years old!
Are you facing difficulty to get financial support to present your great work? Well, MPS-YPC proudly introduces you the Professional Development Fund.
Wondering what is this Professional Development Fund all about? Read the protocol attached to understand more and don't hesitate to direct your inquiries to our Welfare Director, Ms Ooi Ziqian through MPS-YPC's official email address, email@example.com.
Opportunity does not wait, grab it and APPLY for this Professional Development Fund!
Protocol attached: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SwqBYn_gDuapSCSAxcHtwfMq-ZoMZmm8/view
Official FB: https://m.facebook.com/mpsypc/posts/1845852505427818?
SCHOOL BAG SUPPLIES DRIVE
Do you have any UNUSED BAG PACKS piling at home especially after attending conference? Hope that they can be a better use for the others who need it?
Worry no more! We will make full use of it by donating those bags to 140 kids who does not have a proper school bag to go to school!
Date: 10 Feb 2018 - 30 Apr 2018
Time: 10am - 4pm (Every weekday)
Venue: Wisma MPS, 16-2, Jalan OP 1/5,1-Puchong Business Park Off Jalan Puchong, 47160 Puchong
If you would like to drop the bags after the office hours, kindly contact Ms Sharon +6017-245 6230
#EWBMalaysia #EWBM #EngineersWithoutBorders
For more information, check out
MPS MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL 2018 AND MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
It is time to renew your MPS 2018 membership.
The MPS appreciates and value your membership. Your renewal would provide MPS with a stronger voice to participate in representing the pharmacists in various forums.
As an immediate appreciation of your renewal or new membership, each will be entitled to a gift card to redeem a bottle of health supplement from a participating pharmacy, compliments of Abbott. This is valid for Ordinary / PRP / FRP, Associate members. Life and Fellow members are also eligible.
If you do not have any updates to your personal profile of your membership, you can just make a deposit of the annual fees to the MPS Bank account and send a copy of the receipt with your name on it and purpose (eg Name, MPS Membership renewal 2018) and the secretariat will do the rest.
Or you may just wait for the hard copy of the renewal notice that will be sent by post to you, and then choose the prefer payment method (direct deposit to MPS bank, credit card, cheque) and return it to the MPS Secretariat. But why wait - just use the first method.
Alternatively renewal can also be carried using any one of the options available here
New members may also apply using any of these options
COMPULSORY USE OF COMMUNITY PHARMACY LOGO
>>> Use of community pharmacy logo circular
>>> Community pharmacy logo with colour coding
>>> Video on launch of Community Pharmacy logo
STANDARD PRICING AND BONUSING SCHEME FOR ALL HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
Circular from the Ministry of Health calling all manufacturers and distributors to follow the GPTP and offer uniform pricing to all community pharmacy, clinics and private hospitals
OTHER CONFERENCES / CPD EVENTS
CMED: COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINES STRUCTURED LEARNING
This program is developed by Blackmores Institute in collaboration with MPS - a series of online courses with a final Masterclass in various states
MALAYSIAN CLINICAL PHARMACY SYMPOSIUM (MCPS) 2018 | WISMA MPS, PUCHONG
- Date: 31st March 2018 (Sat)
- Venue: Wisma MPS, Puchong
- Time: 8:30am - 2:00pm
Registration is now closed but you can follow them on >>> https://www.facebook.com/MCPS2018
NATIONAL RENAL PHARMACY SCIENTIFIC MEETING
Date: 27-29 March 2018
Venue: Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Program: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3
Click here for Registration Form / Click here for Abstract Submission
10th NATIONAL PHARMACY R & D PHARMACY CONFERENCE 2018
Enhancing Access to Medicines Through Value-Based Approaches
9-11 July 2018
Royal Chulan Hotel, Seremban
>>> More info and registration
MALAYSIAN SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF PAIN 6TH BIENNIAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING
17-18 March 2017
6th INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE CONFERENCE ON PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
Date:15-16 August 2018
Venue: IMU Bukit Jalil Campus, Kuala Lumpur
>>> Poster and Registration
- Lecturer of Pharmacy / MAHSA College Sabah Campus (Sabah) / please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHARMACY CLOSURE STOCK & FIXTURE CLEARANCE / Please call / whatsapp Pn Zuraidah on: 012-226 7323
- Pharmacist / Future Partner / Globe Pharmacy / Ipoh / Please contact Mr Rajiv at 016 260 3444 or email at email@example.com
- Pharmacist Assistant / OneMeds Pharmacy Sdn Bhd / Cheras, Kuala Lumpur / please contact Mr Philip Siow at 017-338 8071 or 03-8958 7467 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist / PRP / Green River Pharmacy / Penang / please send your resume to email@example.com or WhatsApp / Call at 012-4369358
- Retail Pharmacist / Highland Pharmacy / Cameran Highland / please contact 05-4915118 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist / Aegle Pharma / TTDI KL / please contact Dr Sangeet at 012-324 6737
- Pharmacy Assistant / Monarch Pharmacy / Petaling Jaya / Monday-Friday job / please contact Ms Chang at 017-272 8933
- Pharmacy For Takeover / Bandar Baru Bangi / Please call / whatsapp: 013-9327747