In this issue: Notice of MPS AGM and Call for Nomination
CHINESE NEW YEAR MESSAGE FROM MPS PRESIDENT
The year 2017 was a milestone year for MPS. We celebrated our Golden Anniversary and were part of many policy-making meetings that are now bearing fruit as we usher in the Chinese New Year for the year 2018.
The decision from the Pharmaceutical Services Division on price standardization and our firm stand on online sales of medication received much appreciation from members, pharmacists and the public alike.
I hope that members who entrusted us to take up leadership will continue to show us support and encourage new members to sign up.
We have delivered on our promises last year and vow to do so this year as well. Much of MPS successes are due to you, the members. With the arrival of the Chinese New Year, I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to all members for the trust and support offered to MPS and myself.
For all who celebrate the lunar new year, let me also take this opportunity to wish you and your families a very happy and prosperous Chinese New Year!
Looking ahead to the Chinese New Year, I am both excited about our strategy and confident about our ability to achieve further success.
Gong Xi Fa Cai
Good luck in the year ahead!
Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society
NOTICE OF MPS 51ST AGM: 28TH APRIL 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the 51st Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society shall take place at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur on 28th April 2018 (Saturday) at 2:30p.m.
All MPS Members are invited to attend.
Among the agenda would be:
- To receive the Annual Report of the Council.
- To receive the Statement of Accounts 2017 duly audited.
- To alter or amend the Constitution, Article or Rules of the Society ( if any )
- To elect Chairman for purpose of the election of council members.
- To appoint scrutineers for the counting of ballot
- To carry out the election of Council Members 2018/2020
- To appoint 2 auditors for the year 2018/2020
- To discuss any other matters, notice of which shall be given to the Honorary Secretary at least 4 weeks before the date of the meeting.
- Members who wish to table any item(s) for discussion during the AGM are requested to submit their proposal(s) to reach the Honorary Secretary by 29th March 2018. Such notice shall be proposed by one Ordinary Member and seconded by at least one other Ordinary Member.
- 2. Members attending AGM of Professional Society qualify for two CPE Points (under CPD Category B3).
You may RSVP your attendance by 14th April 2018 (Saturday) to MPS Secretariat
>>> The Notice of AGM with the full agenda and RSVP form is available at the MPS website
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR COUNCIL MEMBERS 2018/2020
TO: ALL FELLOW, LIFE AND ORDINARY MEMBERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT there will be fifteen (15) vacancies for the post of Council Member open for election at the 51st ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society which will be held at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur on 28th April 2018 (Saturday) at 2:30p.m.
All outgoing Council Members are eligible for re-election. Some of the conditions of nomination are:
- Only ORDINARY Members who have paid their 2017/2018 subscriptions, FELLOWS and LIFE Members are entitled to nominate or stand for election.
- The member being nominated must also have been a member of MPS for at least 2 years prior to the date of the AGM.
- Each member may nominate from 1 up to a maximum 15 candidates by using the Nomination Slip.
- Each candidate may submit a short C.V. which should include the following: Full Name / Home/Work Address / Year of Graduation and Name of Institution / Work Experience / Past Contribution to Society (if any) / What is the candidate goals of being in the MPS Council.
- All candidates shall also have to option to submit a one time 3-minute video of the candidate's manifesto / CV of the same information as above. This will be posted on the MPS website
- 6. Closing date for the nomination is 1st March 2018.
A list of the FELLOWS, LIFE and PAID UP ORDINARY Members in 2017/2018 is available for viewing at the MPS website or you may call up the secretariat to confirm the membership status of the pharmacist you wish to nominate.
Those who have already paid up their 2017/2018 subscription but whose names are omitted in the list, are to inform the MPS secretariat immediately for clarification
The full details of the Call for Nomination is available at the MPS website
>>> Call for Nomination
>>> 2018 Nomination form v4
FORUM ON ZONING OF COMMUNITY PHARMACY
The location or zoning of community pharmacies have been discussed at length some years ago, with attempts to incorporate such criteria into the Benchmarking Guidelines for Community Pharmacy. It is felt that each community pharmacy should not be open too close to each other and especially not just next door for the orderly practice of the profession.
Thus, MPS is organising an open forum to discuss the issues of zoning and eventually prepare a memorandum to the Pharmacy Services Program, Ministry of Health for the incorporation of the zoning statement into the Guidelines.
Date: Saturday, 10th March 2018
Venue: Wisma MPS
The Forum is open to all pharmacists who owns and / or operating pharmacies. Do feel free to inform any of these pharmacists who are also welcome to the Forum.
Please send in your confirmation of attendance by email to email@example.com with the subject matter as : CPZ - "your name"
>>> Full information and program
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND (PDF)
Good news to all MPS pharmacists below 35 years old!
Are you facing difficulty to get financial support to present your great work? Well, MPS-YPC proudly introduces you the Professional Development Fund.
Wondering what is this Professional Development Fund all about? Read the protocol attached to understand more and don't hesitate to direct your inquiries to our Welfare Director, Ms Ooi Ziqian through MPS-YPC's official email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunity does not wait, grab it and APPLY for this Professional Development Fund!
Protocol attached: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SwqBYn_gDuapSCSAxcHtwfMq-ZoMZmm8/view
Official FB: https://m.facebook.com/mpsypc/posts/1845852505427818?notif_id=1518325203815187&
SCHOOL BAG SUPPLIES DRIVE
Do you have any UNUSED BAG PACKS piling at home especially after attending conference? Hope that they can be a better use for the others who need it?
Worry no more! We will make full use of it by donating those bags to 140 kids who does not have a proper school bag to go to school!
Date: 10 Feb 2018 - 30 Apr 2018
Time: 10am - 4pm (Every weekday)
Venue: Wisma MPS, 16-2, Jalan OP 1/5,1-Puchong Business Park Off Jalan Puchong, 47160 Puchong
If you would like to drop the bags after the office hours, kindly contact Ms Sharon +6017-245 6230
#EWBMalaysia #EWBM #EngineersWithoutBorders
For more information, check out
MPS MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL 2018 AND MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
It is time to renew your MPS 2018 membership.
The MPS appreciates and value your membership. Your renewal would provide MPS with a stronger voice to participate in representing the pharmacists in various forums.
As an immediate appreciation of your renewal or new membership, each will be entitled to a gift card to redeem a bottle of health supplement from a participating pharmacy, compliments of Abbott. This is valid for Ordinary / PRP / FRP, Associate members. Life and Fellow members are also eligible.
If you do not have any updates to your personal profile of your membership, you can just make a deposit of the annual fees to the MPS Bank account and send a copy of the receipt with your name on it and purpose (eg Name, MPS Membership renewal 2018) and the secretariat will do the rest.
Or you may just wait for the hard copy of the renewal notice that will be sent by post to you, and then choose the prefer payment method (direct deposit to MPS bank, credit card, cheque) and return it to the MPS Secretariat. But why wait - just use the first method.
Alternatively renewal can also be carried using any one of the options available here
New members may also apply using any of these options
RECRUITMENT OF MPS-YPC 2018/2020 STANDING COMMITTEE
We are delighted to announce that application is now open for MPS-YPC Standing Committee. We need devoted and passionate people to represent our organisation and help us continue to advance the profession. The list includes:
- Vice Secretary
- Vice Treasurer
- Assistant Director, Welfare
- Assistant Director, Internal Affairs
- Assistant Director, Quality & Performance
- Assistant Director, Creative & Designs
- Assistant Director, Marketing & Communication
- Assistant Director, Corporate Relations
- Assistant Director, Public Engagement
Kindly take note that recruitment of standing committee is only open to active members of Malaysian
Pharmaceutical Society (MPS) under the age of 35. Interested candidates are requested to send his/her cover letter to our official email address: email@example.com. We look forward towards having you as a part of this vibrant, progressive and fun organisation. The selection will be done by the MPS-YPC Steering Committee.
Should you require more details or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MPS - YPC
AGM OF THE MALAYSIAN ACADEMY OF PHARMACY
All members of the Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy are to take note that the AGM is postponed to 25th Feb 2018 (Saturday) at the same venue, that Wisma MPS at 2pm
The agenda remains are before in the first announcement and all Academy members are encouraged to attend
>>> Notice of postponed AGM
COMPULSORY USE OF COMMUNITY PHARMACY LOGO
>>> Use of community pharmacy logo circular
>>> Community pharmacy logo with colour coding
>>> Video on launch of Community Pharmacy logo
STANDARD PRICING AND BONUSING SCHEME FOR ALL HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
Circular from the Ministry of Health calling all manufacturers and distributors to follow the GPTP and offer uniform pricing to all community pharmacy, clinics and private hospitals
OTHER CONFERENCES / CPD EVENTS
CMED: COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINES STRUCTURED LEARNING
This program is developed by Blackmores Institute in collaboration with MPS - a series of online courses with a final Masterclass in various states
MALAYSIAN CLINICAL PHARMACY SYMPOSIUM (MCPS) 2018 | WISMA MPS, PUCHONG
- Date: 31st March 2018 (Sat)
- Venue: Wisma MPS, Puchong
- Time: 8:30am - 2:00pm
Registration is now closed but you can follow them on >>> https://www.facebook.com/MCPS2018
NATIONAL RENAL PHARMACY SCIENTIFIC MEETING
Date: 27-29 March 2018
Venue: Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Program: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3
Click here for Registration Form / Click here for Abstract Submission
10th NATIONAL PHARMACY R & D PHARMACY CONFERENCE 2018
Enhancing Access to Medicines Through Value-Based Approaches
9-11 July 2018
Royal Chulan Hotel, Seremban
>>> More info and registration
MALAYSIAN SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF PAIN 6TH BIENNIAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING
17-18 March 2017
6th INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE CONFERENCE ON PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
Date:15-16 August 2018
Venue: IMU Bukit Jalil Campus, Kuala Lumpur
>>> Poster and Registration
- Pharmacist / Aegle Pharma / TTDI KL / please contact Dr Sangeet at 012-324 6737
- Pharmacy Assistant / Monarch Pharmacy / Petaling Jaya / Monday-Friday job / please contact Ms Chang at 017-272 8933
- Pharmacy For Takeover / Bandar Baru Bangi / Please call / whatsapp: 013-9327747
- Retail pharmacist / Starchain Pharma / Perak area / contact Ms Phan / +60 5 536 1009
- email: email@example.com
- Pharmacist Assistant / Onemeds pharmacy sdn bhd (cheras, kuala lumpur) / mr philip siow at 017-338 8071 or 03-8958 7467 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist / UKM Kesihatan / Human Resources Department, 7th Floor, Pusat Pakar Ukm (Ukmsc), Jalan Yaacob Latif, Bandar Tun Razak, 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: 03-9145 6282 (Sofia/Fiza) / e-Mail/ : email@example.com
- Pharmacist, Nutritionist/Dietitian / Pharmacy/Dental Assistant / PMG Pharmacy Sdn Bhd / Melaka, Sabah, Sarawak/ please contact Mr Huang at 017-7782 766 or Ms Ng at 016 8937 663 / email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist / Razzaq Pharmacy / Paka And Kuala Terengganu / email@example.com or contact 010-7602992/013-926 8779 whatsapp/call/sms