MQUIT MOU WITH MINISTRY OF HEALTH
Pharmacists have always played a significant role in smoking cessation services through community pharmacy in the private sector as well as in the government hospitals and health clinics.
Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society (MPS), in collaboration with the Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy has been conducting courses regularly since 2004 with the Certified Smoking Cessation Services Providers (CSCSP) to train pharmacists on improving their knowledge and skills in smoking cessation services. From the face-to-face workshops the number of pharmacists trained was over 1,500. The training modules was later extended to online and there was a total of 3084 pharmacists who completed the course. Lately the CSCSP course was used as an entry to the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) for those who wish to take part in the Ministry of Health MQuit programme.
Due to the involvement of pharmacists in the smoking cessation services, the Ministry of Health has invited MPS, together with the Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy to be one of the collaborative partners in the MQuit program. This was formalised in an MOU signing ceremony on 19th Dec 2017 at the Swan Convention Centre, Sunway Medical Center.
At the same time the Ministry launched the book on Evidence Based Tobacco Control in Malaysia with a Mini Symposium and Market Based on Evidence Based Tobacco Control in Malaysia
For information, the MQuit partnership was first started 3 years ago and there were originally 4 agencies, the Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy being one of them. At the end of the tenure of the previous MOU, new partners were invited, with MPS being one of them.
FIP TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIP
The FIP Foundation has made available travel scholarships for pharmacists to attend the 2018 FIP Congress in Glasgow, Scotland.
Objectives of the scholarships
- To assist young pharmacists or pharmaceutical scientists from low- or middle-income countries to attend an FIP congress.
- To provide an opportunity for the recipient to develop his/her skills and knowledge, in line with the objectives of the Foundation and FIP, and to contribute towards improving pharmaceutical practice, pharmaceutical sciences and/or pharmaceutical education in his/her home country.
- Applicants must be young pharmacists or pharmaceutical scientists, under the age of 35 years at 31 January 2018.
- Applicants must live and work or study in a country or territory with an income level classified as low, lower-middle or upper middle by the World Bank in the latest available classification. It is not mandatory that applicants are nationals of, or live in, countries or territories where FIP has member organisations.
Dateline for submission : 31st Jan 2018
>>> For more criteria and application process
APPLICATION FOR PHARMACIST ANNUAL CERTIFICATE 2018
Please be reminded to renew your Pharmacist Annual Certificate 2018 by 29th Dec 2017, that day being the last working day of the year. The instructions and forms can be obtain at www.pharmacy.gov.my
There is a revised Borang 10 (updated November) and this should be used and not the older version. Please visit the MPS or BPF website for the new form.
Failure to renew by the end of this year will incur a penalty of RM50/- when you apply on 1st Jan 2018.
MPS MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL 2018 AND MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
It is time to renew your MPS 2018 membership.
The MPS appreciates and value your membership. Your renewal would provide MPS with a stronger voice to participate in representing the pharmacists in various forums.
As an immediate appreciation of your renewal or new membership, each will be entitled to a gift card to redeem a bottle of health supplement from a participating pharmacy, compliments of Abbott. This is valid for Ordinary / PRP / FRP, Associate members. Life and Fellow members are also eligible.
If you do not have any updates to your personal profile of your membership, you can just make a deposit of the annual fees to the MPS Bank account and send a copy of the receipt with your name on it and purpose ( eg Name, MPS Membership renewal 2018) and the secretariat will do the rest.
Or you may just wait for the hard copy of the renewal notice that will be sent by post to you, and then choose the prefer payment method (direct deposit to MPS bank, credit card, cheque) and return it to the MPS Secretariat. But why wait - just use the first method.
Alternatively renewal can also be carried using any one of the options available here
New members may also apply using any of these options
ARE YOU CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO ADVICE ON COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE (CM)?
Join CMEd program and upgrade your knowledge from a credible source. You will also be awarded with 10 CPD points and other privileges. Early registration @ RM25 only! Go to www.blackmoresinstitute.org (look for CMEd) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE MALAYSIAN ACADEMY OF PHARMACY
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy will be held as follows:
||28th January, 2018
||Wisma MPS, 16-2 Jalan OP 1/5, 1-Puchong Business Park,
Off Jalan Puchong, 47160 Puchong, Selangor
All Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy Members are invited to attend.
- To receive the minutes for the last AGM
- To receive the Council's Report
- To receive the Statement of Accounts duly audited.
- To elect 5 Council Members*
- To elect the Principal from amongst those elected to the Council
- To appoint two auditors for the year
- To discuss any other matters that is received by the Council 21 days before the AGM, namely by 7th January, 2018.
There is also a CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR MAP COUNCIL MEMBERS 2017/2018
>>> Notice of AGM and Nomination Forms
FAPA LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD AND ISHIDATE AWARDS
FAPA will be having its 27th biennal congress in Manila, Philippines on October 24-27, 2018 where FAPA will once again recognize outstanding pharmacists in their respective fields and contribution to the profession during the opening ceremonies.
There are 2 types of awards
- FAPA Lifetime Achievement Award (1 Awardee)
- Ishidate Awards (1 Awardee for each area of practice)
All nominations must be made through member organisation (namely MPS) with the required documents for each nominee submitted electronically to email@example.com until January 31, 2018.
Note that all entries must be submitted through MPS and only members of MPS are eligible.
>>> For more information about the awards and criteria
IPSF APRO GOOD PHARMACY PRACTICE EDUCATION PROGRAM
This program was being held from 14-18 Dec at the CUCMS
The IPSF APRO Good Pharmacy Practice Education (GPPed) Program is a regional event held by the Asia Pacific Regional Office for pharmacy students and recent graduates worldwide. The program includes workshops, lectures, group discussion and brainstorming session.
The participants were introduced to the good model of GPP from Malaysia and trained to apply the knowledge learned from GPPed program to their standard school curriculum. Participants are to share the GPP guidelines with their friends and incorporate to their pharmacy school programs and national congress. All associations would see the GPP as an important skills and would be enthusiastic to learn about GPP knowledge in the near future, within 5 years.
For information, the Good Pharmacy Practice is the standard requirements published by World Health Organization (WHO) and FIP. Pharmacists, as part of the multidisciplinary team, have responsibilities for many aspects of the process of medicines use, to provide optimal patient care. In order to achieve the standards, pharmacists need to have enough knowledge and skills to serve the optimal health care services. This GPPed Program objects to train pharmacy students to apply and implement knowledge of Good Pharmacy Practice in the real work fields.
>>> For more information and updates
REFERENCE BOOK FROM MPS
- Community Pharmacy Practice in Malaysia Handbook
- MPS Coffee Table Book
- The Journey and Beyong - Community Pharmacy in Malaysia
- Warfarin Interaction Handbook
- Please visit the MPS website for your orders
DISCOUNT FOR CARS - MERCEDES
The distributor of the Mercedes brand of car has renewed their offer to members of MPS for the purchase of a new car with a discount of 6%
>>> For more information
DISCOUNT FOR CARS - BMW AND MINI
Auto Bavaria, the distributor of BMW and MINI cars offer of special discount to MPS members for purchase of selected models of their cars between 4% - 7% is still on.
>>> For more information
- Pharmacist / ML Maju Pharmacy / Miri, Sarawak / please contact 014-3515759 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PRP / Pharmacist Assistant / OUG Pharmacy Sdn Bhd / Kuala Lumpur / please contact Ms Leow at 016-6102874 or email your resume to email@example.com
- PRP / Pharmacist Assistant / Servicare Pharmacy (Favourite Skyline Sdn Bhd) / Cheras, KL / please contact Mr Lim at 016- 6102874 and Ms Chun at 03-91727414 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pegawai Pharmacist / Permai Hospital Sungai Buloh / please contact Pn. Aishah at 019-6229866
- Pharmacist (Sales Role) / Ix Biopharma Ltd (Singapore) / Kindly email all resumes & cover letters to the following address: email@example.com
- Pharmacist / Tunjang Selatan Sdn Bhd / Johor Bahru / please contact 011-11122967 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist / Caring Pharmacy / Kelantan (Kota Baru), Ipoh, Kuantan / Interested applicants please contact Ms Wong at 016-5500918 or email your resume to email@example.com
- Part time Pharmacist with licence needed for Kuala Lumpur area, available December 2017, contact Joseph at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist, Pharmacist Assistant/PRP - Big Pharmacy (KL, Selangor, Seremban, Johor), please sent your resume to Mr.Adri Email: email@example.com or SMS/ Whatsapp to 017-2846195