APPLICATION FOR PHARMACIST ANNUAL CERTIFICATE 2018
Please be reminded to renew your Pharmacist Annual Certificate 2018 by 29th Dec 2017, that day being the last working day of the year. The instructions and forms can be obtain at www.pharmacy.gov.my
There is a revised Borang 10 (updated November) and this should be used and not the older version. Please visit the MPS or BPF website for the new form.
Failure to renew by the end of this year will incur a penalty of RM50/- when you apply on 1st Jan 2018.
MPS MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL 2018 AND MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
It is time to renew your MPS 2018 membership.
The MPS appreciates and value your membership. Your renewal would provide MPS with a stronger voice to participate in representing the pharmacists in various forums.
As an immediate appreciation of your renewal or new membership, each will be entitled to a gift card to redeem a bottle of health supplement from a participating pharmacy, compliments of Abbott. This is valid for Ordinary / PRP / FRP, Associate members. Life and Fellow members are also eligible.
If you do not have any updates to your personal profile of your membership, you can just make a deposit of the annual fees to the MPS Bank account and send a copy of the receipt with your name on it and purpose ( eg Name, MPS Membership renewal 2018) and the secretariat will do the rest.
Or you may just wait for the hard copy of the renewal notice that will be sent by post to you, and then choose the prefer payment method (direct deposit to MPS bank, credit card, cheque) and return it to the MPS Secretariat. But why wait - just use the first method.
Alternatively renewal can also be carried using any one of the options available here
New members may also apply using any of these options
ARE YOU CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO ADVICE ON COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE (CM)?
CMEd is a complementary medicines (CM) structured learning program developed by Blackmores Institute in collaboration with MPS. This CPD-accredited program will not only share the latest updates in complementary medicines knowledge and insights but also award and reward you with both professional certification and privileges.
Join CMEd program and upgrade your CM knowledge from a credible source. Conducted by the award-winning pharmacist from Australia, Mr Bobby Mehta, it will give you the opportunity to bring your CM knowledge to the next level. Coming to you this 17th Jan 2018* which allows you to have in-depth discussion with other practicing pharmacists and how to apply this knowledge. Our special RM100 scholarship* is still up for grabs, so do take advantage of it!
Go to www.blackmoresinstitute.org or email to email@example.com for more info.
*Other dates & states in Malaysia is also available
Reaksi Drug Safety News 6/2017
Ketamine: Risk of Severe Liver Damage with Repeated and/or Prolonged Use at High Doses
Cases of serious liver damage (cholestatic cholangitis) have been reported in France with repeated and/or prolonged use of high-dose ketamine. Healthcare professionals are reminded to follow the recommended dosing for ketamine, and monitor patient's liver function closely if repeated and/or prolonged high dose of ketamine is used.
Recombinant Human Erythropoietins: Risk of Severe Cutaneous Adverse Reactions (SCARs)
Severe cutaneous reactions including Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) can be considered a class risk for all recombinant human erythropoietins. Patients should be monitored and advised on the signs and symptoms of severe skin reactions when starting treatment with a recombinant human erythropoietin product.
Patients should be instructed to stop recombinant human erythropoietin treatment and contact their doctor immediately if they develop:
flu-like symptoms including fever, tiredness, muscle and joint pain, followed by a widespread rash with reddening and blistering of the skin and oral mucosa, eyes, nose, throat, or genital area.
>>> For further details: REAKSI Issue 6-2017
NEWS FROM THE MALAYSIAN PROFESSIONAL CENTRE: BIM PROFESSIONAL BULLETIN 29 NOV
The BIM regularly published a Bulletin for its members and MPS is an association member.
Read some interesting news about BIM member organization activities:
- Launch of Children Playground by National Landscape Department)
- Pharmacists come to rescue of flood victims
- General knowledge on Manage Your Pressure, Check if you really need antibiotics, Mind-bloggling gluten, Hunt for Ming Dynasty Admiral Zheng He's lost treasure ship, Debunking Myths: no sushi during pregnancy, Can I contract STI from a toilet seat, and a host of other general articles)
>>> BIM News 61
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE MALAYSIAN ACADEMY OF PHARMACY
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy will be held as follows:
||28th January, 2018
||Wisma MPS, 16-2 Jalan OP 1/5, 1-Puchong Business Park,
Off Jalan Puchong, 47160 Puchong, Selangor
All Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy Members are invited to attend.
- To receive the minutes for the last AGM
- To receive the Council's Report
- To receive the Statement of Accounts duly audited.
- To elect 5 Council Members*
- To elect the Principal from amongst those elected to the Council
- To appoint two auditors for the year
- To discuss any other matters that is received by the Council 21 days before the AGM, namely by 7th January, 2018.
There is also a CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR MAP COUNCIL MEMBERS 2017/2018
>>> Notice of AGM and Nomination Forms
FAPA LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD AND ISHIDATE AWARDS
FAPA will be having its 27th biennal congress in Manila, Philippines on October 24-27, 2018 where FAPA will once again recognize outstanding pharmacists in their respective fields and contribution to the profession during the opening ceremonies.
There are 2 types of awards
- FAPA Lifetime Achievement Award (1 Awardee)
- Ishidate Awards (1 Awardee for each area of practice)
All nominations must be made through member organisation (namely MPS) with the required documents for each nominee submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org until January 31, 2018.
Note that all entries must be submitted through MPS and only members of MPS are eligible.
>>> For more information about the awards and criteria
DISCOUNT FOR CARS - MERCEDES
The distributor of the Mercedes brand of car has renewed their offer to members of MPS for the purchase of a new car.
This is valid only when purchased from the authorized dealer and the discount is 6% off their list price.
Members who wish to take advantage of the offer need to submit a membership benefit application form to the MPS
>>> The form and information about the car models that qualify for the discount and authorized dealer
DISCOUNT FOR CARS - BMW AND MINI
Auto Bavaria, the distributor of BMW and MINI cars offer of special discount to MPS members for purchase of selected models of their cars between 4% - 7% is still on.
>>> Click here for details
IPSF APRO GOOD PHARMACY PRACTICE EDUCATION PROGRAM
This program is being held from 14-18 Dec at the CUCMS
For more information and updates:
- PRP / Pharmacist Assistant / OUG Pharmacy Sdn Bhd / Kuala Lumpur / please contact Ms Leow at 016-6102874 or email your resume to email@example.com
- PRP / Pharmacist Assistant / Servicare Pharmacy (Favourite Skyline Sdn Bhd) / Cheras, KL / please contact Mr Lim at 016- 6102874 and Ms Chun at 03-91727414 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pegawai Pharmacist / Permai Hospital Sungai Buloh / please contact Pn. Aishah at 019-6229866
- Pharmacist (Sales Role) / Ix Biopharma Ltd (Singapore) / Kindly email all resumes & cover letters to the following address: email@example.com
- Pharmacist / Tunjang Selatan Sdn Bhd / Johor Bahru / please contact 011-11122967 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist / Caring Pharmacy / Kelantan (Kota Baru), Ipoh, Kuantan / Interested applicants please contact Ms Wong at 016-5500918 or email your resume to email@example.com
- Part time Pharmacist with licence needed for Kuala Lumpur area, available December 2017, contact Joseph at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist, Pharmacist Assistant/PRP - Big Pharmacy (KL, Selangor, Seremban, Johor), please sent your resume to Mr.Adri Email: email@example.com or SMS/ Whatsapp to 017-2846195
- Pharmacist / Samad Pharmacy / Seri Kembangan / please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ms Diana at 011-11479182