NOTICE OF AGM OF THE MALAYSIAN ACADEMY OF PHARMACY AND CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR COUNCIL
DATE: 28th November, 2017
TO : MEMBERS OF THE MALAYSIAN ACADEMY OF PHARMACY
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy will be held as follows:
||28th January, 2018
||Wisma MPS, 16-2 Jalan OP 1/5, 1-Puchong Business Park, Off Jalan Puchong,
47160 Puchong, Selangor
All Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy Members are invited to attend.
- To receive the minutes for the last AGM
- To receive the Council’s Report
- To receive the Statement of Accounts duly audited.
- To elect 5 Council Members*
- To elect the Principal from amongst those elected to the Council
- To appoint two auditors for the year
- To discuss any other matters that is received by the Council 21 days before the AGM, namely by 7th January, 2018.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR COUNCIL MEMBERS 2017/2018
There will be (5) vacancies for the post of Council Member open for election at the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Academy of Pharmacy
- Only Ordinary / LIFE Members of the Malaysian Academy of Pharmacy are entitled to nominate or stand for election.
- The proposer and seconder for the candidates must also be Members of the Academy.
- No nomination is valid without the signature of the nominee, the proposer and the seconder.
- Please submit a short C.V. of the candidate you nominate. The CV should include the following: Full Name / Home/Work Address / Year of Graduation and Name of Institution / Work Experience / Past Contribution to Academy (if any) / What is the candidate goals of being in the Academy Council. The CV should be submitted also as an email copy using Microsoft Words, Times New Roman Font 11, single spacing, up to half A4 size. The CV will be posted onto the website.
- The nomination paper and CV must reach the Academy secretariat at the above mentioned address by 16th December, 2017.
*According to the Academy Constitution article 11 (iv) which read: “At each Annual General Meeting, five members of the Council shall retire” (including any appointed Council Member)
The retiring council members are:
- Prof Dr Azmi Hassali
- Prof Dr. Yeoh Peng Nam
- Mr Chang Chiew Pheng, John
- Ms Syireen Alwi
- Ms Lau Chee Lan
All are eligible for re-election.
The present council members that will remain in office until the next AGM are:
- Assoc Prof Dr Mohamad Haniki
- Prof Dr P T Thomas
- Mr Leow Yeow Ming
- Assoc Prof Dr Chua Siew Siang
- Lam Kai Kun
Lam Kai Kun MMPS, RPh, A.Ph (Malaysia)
>>> Academy AGM Notice
>>> Call for Nomination
>>> Nomination Form