PUBLIC CONSULTATION: MARKET REVIEW ON MALAYSIA'S PHARMACEUTICAL SECTOR UNDER THE COMPETITION ACT 2010
The Malaysia Competition Commission (MyCC) is an independent body established under the Competition Commission Act 2010 to enforce the Competition Act 2010 (hereinafter "CA 2010"). Section 11 (1) of the CA 2010 allows the MyCC on its own initiative or upon the request of the Minister to conduct a review on any market in order to determine whether any feature or combination of features of the market prevents, restricts or distorts competition in the market.
The MyCC is in the midst of conducting a Market Review on the Pharmaceutical Sector in Malaysia to identify the market structure, supply chain and competition level within the sector. Hence, MyCC would like to welcome feedback from the public in relation to the draft final report of the said Market Review.
There will be two Public Consultation sessions. One in KL (held on 22nd Nov) and the next one in Penang. The sessions are free of charge but seats are limited therefore reservation of seats will be done on first come first serve basis at www.mycc.gov.my. But from feedback from them walk in is also possible
Public Consultation session in Pulau Pinang
Date : 24 November 2017 (Friday)
Time : 9.30 am - 12.00 pm
Venue : Vistana Bukit Jambul, Penang
CMEd - COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINES STRUCTURED LEARNING PROGRAM
Are you confident in advising on Complementary Medicines?
CMEd program, a structured learning program developed by Blackmores Institute in collaboration with MPS is now available for you. This includes 6 e-modules and a half day masterclass for RM125 only.
The benefits are:
- 10 CPD points
- CMEd Bronze certification
- Promotional consumer program "Ask your pharmacist on your supplements"
- Early bird discount RM100 (pay RM25) for 1st 100 pax. Still up for grabs!
- Masterclass commences on 17th Jan 2018 (conducted by award winning pharmacist from Aus- Bobby Mehta)
For more info pls email to email@example.com or call 03-79550993 (Ext 212)
PHARMACY SPECIALIST ? WHAT GETS THEM TO DO IT?
Pharmacists through their own initiatives have been getting themselves additional knowledge and expertise to improve their services. Many have gone through the BCPS, many more took up Masters in Clinical Pharmacy. What makes them want to do it. There is also degree in Doctor of Pharmacy in a local university. One such person that was interviewed over this is a student leader in his undergraduate days (Vice-President of MyPSA) and is currently a committee member of the MPS-YPC while at the same time still helping out at MyPSA, Mr Chong Chin Pin who is currently doing his Doctor of Pharmacy at a local University
||What led you down this path of pursuing a specialised pharmacy degree by pursuing the Doctor of Pharmacy program? Do you feel that specialised pharmacists are strongly needed?
||Towards graduating from my Bachelor of Pharmacy, I have had opportunities to be exposed to pharmacy practices in neighbouring South East Asian countries such as Singapore and Thailand who are moving towards specialised clinical pharmacy degree. I then wished to be part of the force of this transformation. Specialised pharmacists are definitely the future for clinical pharmacy profession. We readily acknowledge the medical profession in which doctors undergo residency in order to master a specialisation; so why not the same for pharmacy. A specialised pharmacy education program endeavours a different level of empowerment compared to the conventional coursework-based study through the practical experience of clerkship in a specialised pharmacotherapeutics field.
>>> Read more about the interview
The first ever USM Pharmacy Alumni Dinner is planned to take place this 15th December at the Grand Ballroom of E&O Hotel
>>> Register to attend at the facebook
DENGUE: ONLINE TRAINING MODULE
This CPD module "DENGUE - CPD Online" is published to educate healthcare professionals on the issues surrounding dengue - its incidence and serotypes, transmission & the vector life cycle, characteristics and dengue classifications, identifying high risk patients, the pathophysiology of dengue, treatment, diagnostic & monitoring tests, and home care advice for dengue patients.
Earn cpd points when you finished the module: Category A8: 3 points
>>> Please login with your existing MPS username/password details to begin.
For MPS (Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society) members with existing online USERNAME/PASSWORD, you can proceed to 'purchase' for FREE (no payment is required).
ACCP Call for Abstracts for February 2018 Meeting
November 27, 2017 - Submission deadline for Original Research and Clinical Pharmacy Forum abstracts.
January 3, 2018 - Submission deadline for Research-in-Progress abstracts.
January 12, 2018 - Authors notified of acceptance status.
Don't miss this new poster presentation opportunity at the forthcoming ACCP Meeting in Jacksonville, Florida, February 16-18, 2018. Anyone attending the meeting can submit a qualifying abstract suitable for presentation?this includes those attending any of the Preparatory/Recertification Courses, ACCP Academy Courses, or the Patient-Centered Team-Based Practice Forum (which will feature plenaries, workshops, and scientific papers focused on CMM implementation). Also new for this meeting is the invitation to faculty/practitioners, fellows, residents and students to submit Research-in-Progress abstracts. Registration for the meeting is open now on the ACCP website at: http://www.accp.com/3ffi31 and abstracts are being accepted at: http://www.accp.com/yvwlu2
Auto Bavaria, the distributor of BMW and MINI cars is offering special discount to MPS members for purchase of selected models of their cars between 4% - 7%.
Hap Seng is renewing their special discount to MPS members for purchase of their Mercedes model. Details soon.
APPLICATION FOR PHARMACIST ANNUAL CERTIFICATE 2018:
Please be reminded that the application for Pharmacist Annual Certificate through BLESS is temporarily postponed. All new applications are to be made manually with the Malaysian Pharmacy Board with effect from 15th Feb 2017. The application procedure is reverted back to before the implementation of BLESS. Please visit www.pharmacy.gov.my for the instructions and forms.
Note revised Borang 10 (updated November) - please visit the MPS or BPF website for the copy.
SLIDES OF THE 50TH MPS ANNIVERSARY SEMINAR can now be downloaded from the MPS website.
- Pharmacist / Caring Pharmacy / Kelantan(Kota Baru), Ipoh, Kuantan / Interested applicants please contact Ms Wong at 016-5500918 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part time Pharmacist with licence needed for Kuala Lumpur area, available December 2017, contact Joseph at: email@example.com'
- Pharmacist, Pharmacist Assistant/PRP - Big Pharmacy (KL, Selangor, Seremban, Johor), please sent your resume to Mr.Adri Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS/ Whatsapp to 017-2846195
- Pharmacist / Samad Pharmacy / Seri Kembangan / please send your resume to email@example.com or contact Ms Diana at 011-11479182
- Pharmacist / PRP / Mercury Pharmacy / Pahang, Terengganu, Kelantan, N. Sembilan / please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mr Gow at 012-4266037
- Retail Pharmacist / Mediconstant Pharmacy Sdn Bhd / Ipoh, Taiping, Kuala Kangsar / Interested applicants can contact 603-61408638 OR email a resume/CV to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Executive / Assistant Manager / Sunway Pharmacy / Selangor / kindly email your resume to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and contact at 03-5639 8243/8697
- Pharmacist cum Partner / CityMedic Pharmacy Sdn Bhd / Melaka / please contact at 06-3355 535 to make an appointment for an interview session