MOUNT KINABALU CLIMB
The preparations are already finalised. Tomorrow morning 13 pharmacists will be taking off from West Malaysia to Kota Kinabalu on their first leg to the Mount Kinabalu Climb as part of the MPS 50th Anniversary celebration. They will meet 7 more pharmacists from Kota Kinabalu, making a team of 20 at the National Park in the late afternoon. This Climb is headed by an energetic pharmacist and veteran climber Mr Chin Chee Vui, whereas the organising of the Climb is the MPS Treasurer En Aziz Jamaludin. At the society level, the co-organisers of the Climb is Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society, Sabah Pharmaceutical Society and No Boundary Adventurers Association Sabah.
In the early morning of 26th Aug (Saturday) they will proceed to make the Climb. They are expected to reach the peak on 27th Aug carrying with them the 50th Anniversary MPS Logo
We will await news and photos of the group when they make their ascent provided internet is available.
POISONS ACT - AMENDMENT TO POISON LIST
Four government gazettes were issued recently (P.U. (A) 130, 153, 180, 181) which officially place some new products and reclassification of some older ones into the various Schedules and Parts.
>>> P.U. (A) 130
>>> P.U. (A) 153
>>> P.U. (A) 180
>>> P.U. (A) 181
ALLIED AGAINST DENGUE: FUN RUN
To highlight the danger of Dengue, there will be a Fun Run organized by the Allied Against Dengue group of which MPS is a part of, on 17th Sep 2017
Venue: 1 Jalan Flora 3, Bandar Rimbayu, Telok Penglima Garang, Selangor
Registration fees: RM55 to RM80
Time reporting 6am
Closing date: 30th Aug
Register at: http://adrenalineaddict.asia/aad2017/
13th MPS-USM PHARMACY SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE 2017
===ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 31ST AUG ====
Due to overwhelming demand, the organizers have extended the abstract submission deadline to 31.8.2017.
Details of the event are as follows:
Date: 3-5 November 2017
Venue: Bayview Beach Hotel, Batu Ferringhi, Penang
Early Bird for Registration Deadline: 1.9.2017
Abstract Submission Deadline: 31.8.2017
CPD Points: 20 (full attendance) + 5 (presentation)
Do not miss out this collaborative effort from MPS and USM
Visit our website to register TODAY!!!
ASIAN YOUNG PHARMACIST GROUP (AYPG) LEADERSHIP SUMMIT 2017
EXTENSION OF THE DEADLINE FOR POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Missed out the chance to showcase your best community projects? Worry not as we heard you!
Due to multiple requests, we are pleased to announce that the abstract submission deadline for our poster competition is now EXTENDED till 30th September 2017!
Grab the chance today and you're in contention to win cash prizes up to RM 5000!
Head over to the following links for more details now :
Abstract Submission Guideline :
There are more to offer at the AYPG Leadership Summit 2017! Make a beeline to the details as listed below:
- Program Tentative: https://goo.gl/fqS3KK
- Registration Packages: https://goo.gl/7XfwXg
- Information Starter Pack: https://goo.gl/YSqov7
- FAQ (Infographics): https://goo.gl/xfufbs
Do not miss the chance to earn 15 CPD points as a participant, and another 5 additional CPD points when you are qualified to present your poster during the Summit! Join us NOW!
PENANG CELEBRATES WORLD PHARMACISTS' DAY AT QUEENSBAY MALL
ON 30 SEPT - 1 OCT 2017
KELANTAN PHARMACY DAY | 30 SEPTEMBER 2017 | AEON MALL | KOTA BHARU
The Pharmaceutical Services Division of the State Health Department Kelantan, in collaboration with the MPS-Kelantan Area will be organizing the Kelantan Pharmacy Day Program in AEON Mall, Kota Bharu on 30 September 2017.
Activities that are planned include Medication Consultation Day, and Pharmacy Run
These activities are intended to promote a culture of health awareness and sports. Participation is open to the public.
Registration for Kelantan Pharmacy Run 2017 Category 7km >>
For further enquires please visit
SABAH WORLD PHARMACY DAY 10 K RUN - 24 SEPTEMPER 2017
KOMPLEKS SUKAN LIKAS
PRECISION MEDICINE-A WAY FORWARD COURSE
|| 4th - 6th September 2017 (Monday - Wednesday)
|| 8.00 am - 5.00 pm
||Auditorium, Aras 4, Institut Kanser Negara
|Medical officers/masters trainee/pharmacist/nurse
(government & private practice) - RM 100
Specialists/ Consultants (government & private practice) - RM 200
A course is being organised by Radiotherapy and Oncology Department, Institut Kanser Negara (IKN) entitled Precision Medicine : A Way Forward and is tailored to healthcare providers who is involved in cancer treatment especially with Targeted Therapy and Immunotherapy. Other healthcare providers who have special interest in this field are also welcomed.
For registration: email the registration form and proof of payment to email@example.com (payment of registration fees is through bank-in or LPO only. On-site cash payment is not accepted), or contact the secretariat: Cik Yusnira/Pn. Suzanna/Pn. Amira, at 03-88925555 ext: 1308/5420/4182/1339
PERAK PARKINSON INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
Date: 21-22 Oct 2017
Venue: Kinta Riverfront Hotel, Ipoh
Registration fees: caregivers: RM150 - RM200; Medical officers / Specialists RM500
>>> Click here for details
SELF-MONITORING OF BLOOD GLUCOSE - FROM BASICS TO APPLICATIONS
|| International Medical University,
Bukit Jalil, Kuala lumpur
|| 29 October 2017 (Sunday)
|| 8.00 am - 5.00 pm
>>> Click here for more details
>>> Click here for Registration form
- Retail Pharmacist / Mediconstatnt Pharmacy / KL, Klang Valley, Ipoh, Kelantan / Interested applicants can contact 603-61408638 OR email a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist / Nutritionist / Dietition / Pharmacist Asssistant / PMG Pharmacy Melaka / Bukit Beruang / send your resume to email@example.com or contact Mr Hwang at 017-7782766/ Ms Ng at 016-8937563
- Pharmacist / Outlet Manager / Jaya Grocer / email your resume with recent passport size photo to Human Resource Department HP: 03-7770 0817 email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacist / Pharmaniaga Logistics Sdn Bhd / Juru, Kuching / please email your resume to email@example.com
- Pharmacist / Clover Pharmacy Sdn Bhd / Batu Niah / send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Miss Sim at 012-876 3676 or 085-430198
- Pharmacist / Farmasi Murni Marketing / Batu Pahat / send your resume to email@example.com or contact Miss Chia / Mr Tay at 07-431 2742
- Pharmacist / Mr Ben Farmasi / Sibu / please contact Mr Benjamin Tian at 016 683 6970 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Time Pharmacist / RedCap Pharmacy / Johor / please email to email@example.com or call at 012 625 9442
- Retail / Community Pharmacist / PRPS / Muar / please call Mr Lau at 019-6656022
- Custom Medz / full time retail Pharmacist / Jalan Klang Lama, KL / please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Pharmacist / Caliph Pharmacy / Sungai Buloh / please send your resume to email@example.com or call 012-6604038 (Noor Azam)
- Pharmacist / Samad Pharmacy / Seri Kembangan / Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ms Diana at 011-1147 9182 for interview appointment