50th MPS SEMINAR 2017, 12th - 14th MAY 2017, HOTEL ISTANA, KUALA LUMPUR
Thinking about attending the 50th MPS Seminar, AGM and Dinner ? If you need more information, then this guide is for you
Registration is now open for the 50th MPS Seminar 2017 from 12 - 14 May 2017 which will take place at the Mahkota Ballroom, Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur with the theme Towards Global Standard in Pharmacy Practice
This year's emphasis is again given to provide a seminar that will benefit all pharmacist practitioners ? those in the hospital as well as in the community sector. The line-up of the topics will include Clinical Considerations in selection of an antidiabetic agent, Drug/Herb Interactions guidelines, complimentary medicines in today's pharmacy, what you need to know to help to reduce antimicrobial resistance and on allergy. There will also be topics on Women's Health.
Highlight of topics - Pharmacists' Interventions to improve Medication Adherence and Clinical Outcomes in Collaborative model: Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Practice
Medication non-adherence is well known as one of the key concerns which compromise the effectiveness of pharmacotherapy. It is also a costly economic burden worldwide, with previous data showing an estimated annual disease-related medical cost of USD100 billion, and increased morbidity and mortality rates.
While this issue had been extensively studied worldwide, what are the most suitable interventions which we, as pharmacists, can apply and utilize in our efforts to change the scenario? As a believer that pharmacists can have great impact in delivering primary health care directly to the patients, and also to enhance health care access to the vulnerable population, Prof Dr Mok T. Chong, Dean & Professor of the School of Pharmacy, in the American University of Health Sciences, USA, who is also the key figure who implemented various innovative projects including Brown Bag Medication Review program, Web-based Medicare Part D Annual Comprehensive Medication Review program, and a pharmacist-led Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Practice Model at Lawndale Medical & Mental Health Clinic, is one of the best candidates to give us the answer.
If you are also searching for the answer of this much sought-after question, come and join us at the MPS 50th Anniversary Seminar from 12-14 May 2017 ! Log on to
http://www.mps.org.my/newsmaster.cfm?&menuid=37&action=view&retrieveid=7502 to register today!
Highlight of topic - A Practical guide to Drug/ Herb/ Nutrient Interactions & Rational Co Prescribing
Consumption of complementary medicines, namely herbal products and nutritional supplements are increasingly popular worldwide. However, their potential effect on the Cytochrome P450 and glycoprotein systems in the human body, is the key concern in drug-herb or drug-nutrient interactions, compromising safety and efficacy of drugs administered.
How do we as a pharmacist, could help to achieve a win-win situation between the use of drugs and complementary medicines? Hailing from The Land Down Under, Assoc. Prof Dr. Lesley Braun, Director of the Blackmores Institute, also the Adjunct Associate Professor of Integrative Medicine within the National Institute of Complementary Medicine in University of Western Sydney, will be sharing her insights with us, in the 50th MPS Seminar.
If you agree that drug-herb and drug-nutrient interactions are one of the common questions raised by your customers or patients in your day-to-day practice, then join us at the MPS 50th Anniversary Seminar from 12-14 May 2017, where we will be ready to provide you with answers and solutions. Log on to
http://www.mps.org.my/newsmaster.cfm?&menuid=37&action=view&retrieveid=7502 to register today!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THE FIRST 500 MPS MEMBER TO REGISTER AND PAY THE FEES WILL BE ENTITLED TO A RM200 DISCOUNT OFF THE FEES.
>>> Seminar Program / Registration Form / Hotel Booking Form
MPS-50th AGM 2017, 14/05/2017 (SUNDAY)
20th February 2017
TO: ALL MPS MEMBERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the 50th Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society shall take place at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur 14th May 2017 (Sunday) at 11:30 am (registration starts at 11.15am)
All MPS Members are invited to attend.
- Call to order
- Establishment of Quorum
- Opening Remarks by President of MPS
- Adoption of Agenda
- To confirm the Minutes of the 49th Annual General Meeting (AGM) held at the Holiday Villa Hotel & Conference Centre Subang on 28th May 2016.
- Matters Arising from minutes of 49th AGM
- To receive the Annual Report of the Council
- To receive the Statement of Accounts 2016 duly audited
- To alter or amend the Constitution, Article or Rules of the Society ( if any )
- To discuss any other matters, notice of which shall be given to the Honorary Secretary at least 4 weeks before the date of the meeting
>>> AGM Registration Form
- Members who wish to table any item(s) for discussion during the AGM are requested to submit their proposal(s) to reach the Honorary Secretary by 07th April 2017. Such notice shall be proposed by one Ordinary Member and seconded by at least one other Ordinary Member.
- Members attending AGM of Professional Society qualify for two CPE Points (under CPD Category B3).
NHAM - CRM CARDIO-VASCULAR RESEARCH TRACK
The NHAM-CRM Research Track "Discover, Collaborate, Translate" will be held in Kuala Lumpur on 8th APRIL 2017 (Saturday) at the Gallery Room, Level 8, Le Meridien
There will be presentations on basic science, translational research as well as late stage clinical research abstracts in the areas of Cardiovascular Diseases.
Register for the NHAM-CRM Research Track now as seats are limited at :-
MPS PERAK AREA AGM, SEMINAR & MPS 50th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION 2017
8 & 9 APRIL 2017 MH HOTEL, IPOH
Highlights of the 2 day event:
- 17 CPD points can be collected via exciting Seminar Talks, Exclusive Symposium, members AGM and Special Meetings.
- Meet the MPS President session with Tn Haji Amrahi Bin Buang
- Celebration of MPS 50th Anniversary and Free MPS 50th Anniversary memorabilia (T-shirt and Mug) for MPS members/New member who sign up for the full registration.
- 1st ever Special Meeting for Public Sector Pharmacist with the MPS President Tn Haji Amrahi Bin Buang and MPS Public Pharmacy Chapter Head Dr Nour Hanah
- Be part of the 1st ever Bariatric Symposium in Perak conducted by the HRPB team of bariatric surgeon, endocrinologist, dietician and pharmacist; exclusively for Perak pharmacist.
- Session with BPF Perak
- Booth display from Pharmaceutical Companies.
We hope to see all you there in full force!!!
>>> Notice of MPS Perak Area AGM 2017
>>> Registration Form part 1, part 2
>>> T-shirt size
MPS Young Pharmacist Chapter Asian Young Pharmacist Group (AYPG) Leadership Summit 2017
MPS Young Pharmacist Chapter will be hosting the Asian Young Pharmacist Group (AYPG) Leadership Summit 2017 this 11 - 13 November 2017 at the International Medical University (IMU) Campus, Kuala Lumpur.
Themed "Pharmacists : Engaging Communities For Health", participants will gain immensely from sharing sessions by AYPG leaders, as well as insightful lectures and discussions by distinguished speakers and forum panelists. The organizing committee wishes to invite participants to exchange their ideas via a strategic planning session for all AYPG member countries. In addition, MPS YPC welcomes submission of past projects involving community engagement; the best projects will be awarded with cash prizes ! Check out the poster abstract submission guideline at the following URL : https://goo.gl/2P5iXk.
Interested to join ? Wait no more as registration is now OPEN at the following URL :
For more details, kindly visit the official Facebook page at :
UPCOMING TRAINING OF PRECEPTORS (TOP) - LIBERALISED PRP TRAINING FACILITIES
The upcoming TOP will be on 25 May 2017 (Subject to changes). All interested participants please submit COMPLETE* application forms to Pharmacy Board Malaysia (PBM) by 27th April 2017. Forms received later than 27th April 2017 will be considered for the next TOP (date will be finalised soon). Successful candidates will receive an INVITATION LETTER on 11 May 2017. ONLY invited candidates are allowed to attend the TOP.
>>> For More Info
CPA CONFERENCE 2017
Building on the success of our previous conferences, the CPA is proud to be partnering with the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA) to present you with an exciting international programme for our 13th biennial conference PSA17, to be held at the Hyatt Regency in Darling Harbour, Sydney over three days from 28 to 30 July 2017.
Embracing the theme of 'Leading Pharmacy Innovation', the conference will explore the future of your profession globally. The programme has been developed with a focus on innovations in pharmacy through leadership, diversity, expanded roles and new models of practice. PSA17 will provide an excellent forum to not only discuss global pharmacy issues which impact practices around the Commonwealth, but also learn about best practice and the latest innovations from many excellent local and international experts. The CPA will be co-hosting several global focus sessions, including a global forum on antimicrobial resistance (AMR), AMR stewardship training, refugee health and discussing ingredients of successful partnerships between Commonwealth countries.
Do you want to join us but the fees seem too much? You might be eligible for the £2000 CPA Travel Fellowship Award.
Join CPA now and for a £15 membership fee get a $330 discount on registration!
COMMUNITY PHARMACISTS CONTACTS
Dear Community Pharmacists / Type License A holders
We are calling again to seek the assistance of all community pharmacy that we wish to contact all CPs via email and Whatsapp. Kindly provide us with your contact and email so that we can communicate effectively with you. We will only use it to disseminate information related to the activities of the profession.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your information as below. Your information will be used for the following:
- Updates on RUUF matters
- Updates on professional fee as CP Chapter is planning to provide certification courses to enhance our services to our community
- To invite CPS who have specialization /master/research paper to share with us their knowledge from time to time
- To identify CPs who have done any special contribution in their area of interest in the community setting
- To keep abreast with the latest updates in the community
- An avenue for pharmacists to share their experience with CP Chapter.
- To invite interested CPs to engage in activities from time to time.
Community Pharmacy Chapter
MPS MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
Members are encouraged to renew their membership as soon as possible. As an appreciation of your prompt payment, a bottle of Surbex Bio C Plus (60's) worth RM 88/- is waiting for you for each renewal or new membership (Ordinary / PRP / FRP / Associate included), which is contributed by Abbott Laboratories.
Current Life and Fellow members of the Society automatically qualify for this free gift. There is no need for any action from your part and the voucher will be sent to you.
Hurry! Complimentary gift offer is valid until 31st March 2017. However the date to claim this gift is till 31st May 2017.
NOTE: The vouchers are being sent out in batches since beginning of the week and you should receive them by next week. If not do not receive it please email to us at email@example.com
MPS-50th ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT ORDER FORM
Be one of the first to wear this specially design, custom-made Polo Microfibre T-Shirt (Unisex). It is available only for the 50th Anniversary of MPS. Place your customised size below.
>>> Order Form
MOUNT KINABALU CLIMB
In conjunction with the MPS 50th Anniversary, there will be a Mount Kinabalu Climb on 25th August 2017.
The objective will be to promote a climb towards a healthier lifestyle.
To take part in the Climb you will need to be fit. Special training and guidelines will be organised by the organising team soon to bring up the fitness of the climbers
To smoothen the journey to take part in the climb, you will be assisted in the bookings of accommodation in the National Parks and on the mountain. Transportation is also arranged to ferry the climbers from Kota Kinabalu to climb site and return. Mountain gears and porters are also being arranged to assist the climbers
>>> Click here for the Program, climb map, indemnity form and booking form
- Pharmacist /Leanus Pharma Sdn.Bhd / Puchong Selangor / contact Ms PJ Chang at 016-2170400 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Pharmacists / All Day Pharmacy Sdn Bhd (Melacca, Klang Valley)/ contact Ms Sharmila 017-6336864 or email to email@example.com
- Pharmacist / RedCap Pharmacy / Johor / contact 012 625 9442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retail / Community Pharmacists/PRPS / Muar Johor / contact Mr Lau at 019-6656022 or Mr Chia at 012-7986880 or email at email@example.com
- Pharmacist / PMG Pharmacy Sdn Bhd / Kuching/ Bintulu / Miri / contact Mr Hwang at 017- 778 2766 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org