50th MPS SEMINAR 2017, 12th - 14th MAY 2017, HOTEL ISTANA, KUALA LUMPUR
Registration is now open for the 50th MPS Seminar 2017 from 12 ? 14 May 2017 which will take place at the Mahkota Ballroom, Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur with the theme Towards Global Standard in Pharmacy Practice
This year's emphasis is again given to provide a seminar that will benefit all pharmacist practitioners - those in the hospital as well as in the community sector. The line-up of the topics include those on HIV, Clinical Considerations in selection of an antidiabetic agent, Drug/Herb Interactions guidelines, complimentary medicines in today's pharmacy, what you need to know to help to reduce antimicrobial resistance and on allergy. There will also be topics on Women's Health.
A specially invited international speaker from the WHO will speak on the Separation of Dispensing and Prescribing Practices, and a view of this topic will be given by a speaker from the FAPA region.
Hospital pharmacy practice, changes and opportunities will be presented by another overseas speaker. Closer to home the prospect of the pharmacy profession in Malaysia will be another much awaited topic.
More topics are being look into and will be updated once confirmed.
SPEAKERS UPDATE: A speaker from the American University of Health Sciences, California USA has been invited to give a lecture in Ambulatory Care, about Pharmacists' Interventions to improve Medication Adherence and Clinical Outcomes.
Another topic will be on the recognition of Pharmacists ? from being functioning as an Advisory Role to that of a Responsibility Role.
Do not miss out this time to hear from these speakers. Register now to avoid disappointment
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THE FIRST 500 MPS MEMBER TO REGISTER AND PAY THE FEES WILL BE ENTITLED TO A RM200 DISCOUNT OFF THE FEES.
>>> Seminar Program / Registration Form / Hotel Booking Form
MPS-50th AGM 2017, 14/05/2017 (SUNDAY)
20th February 2017
TO: ALL MPS MEMBERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the 50th Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society shall take place at the Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur 14th May 2017 (Sunday) at 11:30 am (registration starts at 11.15am)
All MPS Members are invited to attend.
- Call to order
- Establishment of Quorum
- Opening Remarks by President of MPS
- Adoption of Agenda
- To confirm the Minutes of the 49th Annual General Meeting (AGM) held at the Holiday Villa Hotel & Conference Centre Subang on 28th May 2016.
- Matters Arising from minutes of 49th AGM
- To receive the Annual Report of the Council
- To receive the Statement of Accounts 2016 duly audited
- To alter or amend the Constitution, Article or Rules of the Society ( if any )
- To discuss any other matters, notice of which shall be given to the Honorary Secretary at least 4 weeks before the date of the meeting
- Members who wish to table any item(s) for discussion during the AGM are requested to submit their proposal(s) to reach the Honorary Secretary by 07th April 2017. Such notice shall be proposed by one Ordinary Member and seconded by at least one other Ordinary Member.
- Members attending AGM of Professional Society qualify for two CPE Points (under CPD Category B3).
>>> AGM Registration Form
MPS PERAK AREA AGM, SEMINAR & MPS 50th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION 2017
8 & 9 APRIL 2017 MH HOTEL, IPOH
Highlights of the 2 day event:
- 17 CPD points can be collected via exciting Seminar Talks, Exclusive Symposium, members AGM and Special Meetings.
- Meet the MPS President session with Tn Haji Amrahi Bin Buang
- Celebration of MPS 50th Anniversary and Free MPS 50th Anniversary memorabilia (T-shirt and Mug) for MPS members/New member who sign up for the full registration.
- 1st ever Special Meeting for Public Sector Pharmacist with the MPS President Tn Haji Amrahi Bin Buang and MPS Public Pharmacy Chapter Head Dr Nour Hanah
- Be part of the 1st ever Bariatric Symposium in Perak conducted by the HRPB team of bariatric surgeon, endocrinologist, dietician and pharmacist; exclusively for Perak pharmacist.
- Session with BPF Perak
- Booth display from Pharmaceutical Companies.
We hope to see all you there in full force!!!
>>> Notice of MPS Perak Area AGM 2017
>>> Registration Form part 1, part 2
>>> T-shirt size
UPCOMING TRAINING OF PRECEPTORS (TOP) - LIBERALISED PRP TRAINING FACILITIES
The upcoming TOP will be on 25 May 2017 (Subject to changes). All interested participants please submit COMPLETE* application forms to Pharmacy Board Malaysia (PBM) by 27th April 2017. Forms received later than 27th April 2017 will be considered for the next TOP (date will be finalised soon). Successful candidates will receive an INVITATION LETTER on 11 May 2017. ONLY invited candidates are allowed to attend the TOP.
>>> Click here for more information
HOVID'S MANUFACTURING LICENSE CHEMOR PLANT REINSTATED
Furthur to MPS Press Release in January concerning the recall of Ternolol 50 tablets and the suspension of Hovid's Manufacturing licences, an update now is that their Chemor plant Manufacturing License has been reinstated by NPRA. If there are any enquiries on this you may direct them to their personnel as listed in their circular
>>> Hovid's Manufacturng License Chemor Plant Reinstatement by NPRA
COMMUNITY PHARMACISTS CONTACTS
Dear Community Pharmacists / Type License A holders
We are calling again to seek the assistance of all community pharmacy that we wish to contact all CPs via email and Whatsapp. Kindly provide us with your contact and email so that we can communicate effectively with you. We will only use it to disseminate information related to the activities of the profession.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your information as below. Your information will be used for the following:
- Updates on RUUF matters
- Updates on professional fee as CP Chapter is planning to provide certification courses to enhance our services to our community
- To invite CPS who have specialization /master/research paper to share with us their knowledge from time to time
- To identify CPs who have done any special contribution in their area of interest in the community setting
- To keep abreast with the latest updates in the community
- An avenue for pharmacists to share their experience with CP Chapter.
- To invite interested CPs to engage in activities from time to time.
Community Pharmacy Chapter
MPS MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
Members are encouraged to renew their membership as soon as possible. As an appreciation of your prompt payment, a bottle of Surbex Bio C Plus (60's) worth RM 88/- is waiting for you for each renewal or new membership (Ordinary / PRP / FRP / Associate included), which is contributed by Abbott Laboratories.
Current Life and Fellow members of the Society automatically qualify for this free gift. There is no need for any action from your part and the voucher will be sent to you.
Hurry! Complimentary gift offer is valid until 31st March 2017. However the date to claim this gift is till 31st May 2017.
NOTE: The vouchers are being sent out in batches since beginning of the week and you should receive them by next week. If not do not receive it please email to us at email@example.com
MPS-50th ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT ORDER FORM
Be one of the first to wear this specially design, custom-made Polo Microfibre T-Shirt (Unisex). It is available only for the 50th Anniversary of MPS. Place your customised size below.
>>> Order Form
MOUNT KINABALU CLIMB
In conjunction with the MPS 50th Anniversary, there will be a Mount Kinabalu Climb on 25th August 2017.
The objective will be to promote a climb towards a healthier lifestyle.
To take part in the Climb you will need to be fit. Special training and guidelines will be organised by the organising team soon to bring up the fitness of the climbers
To smoothen the journey to take part in the climb, you will be assisted in the bookings of accommodation in the National Parks and on the mountain. Transportation is also arranged to ferry the climbers from Kota Kinabalu to climb site and return. Mountain gears and porters are also being arranged to assist the climbers
>>> Click here for the Program, climb map, indemnity form and booking form