Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Login      

MPS Announcements, Articles & News alerts

Title: CPA-MPS Conf: Frequently Asked Questions
Date: 23-Nov-2006
Category: CPA

Commonwealth Pharmaceutical Association Conference - MPS Scientific Conference 2007

Topics: VISA, Currency

Frequently asked questions

Section A: VISA

1. Which countries require visa for visitors to come to Malaysia ?

A. Please visit the Department of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia website at http://www.kln.gov.my/?m_id=53

2. In my country there is no Malaysian High Commission office. How do I get a visa to visit Malaysia ?

A. You have to go to the nearest country which have a consular office from where you are to obtain the visa. While visitors from some countries are allowed entry to Malaysia with application of Visa-on-arrival, it is highly recommended to obtain your visa before arrival.

3. Can the Conference Secretariat provide me with a letter of invitation for me to apply for the visa ?

A. Yes, that is possible. Please email to mspharm@po.jaring.my your full particulars (name, address, affiliations) for the letter to be prepared.

4. Which countries have Malaysian Consulate / Embassy / High Commission office ?

A. Please visit the Department of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia website at http://www.kln.gov.my/?page=mission

5. Do I need any health certificates / vaccination before being eligible to be issue a visa to enter Malaysia?

A. Certain countries, including those within the Commonwealth require Yellow Fever Certificate.  Without this certificate a Visa cannot be issued. You have to bring along the Certificate of Yellow Fever Vacination if you are holding passports from these countries:

Angola, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, French Guiana, Gabon, Guyana, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Togo, Trinidad & Tobago, Uganda and Venezuela

6. How long does it take to obtain this certificate of Yellow Fever Vaccination ?

A.It can take up to a month. Visitors are kindly requested to obtain this as early as possible to avoid delay.  It has to be factored in also the time require to obtain the visa if there is no consular office in your country.


7. The registration fees is given in Ringgit Malaysia.  How much is that in my own country currency:

A. Please go to one of the following websites:

a. http://www.xe.com/ucc/

b. http://www.maybank2u.com.my/business/treasury/foreign_exchange.shtml

[ Back ] [ Print Friendly ]

Copyright © 2002 - 2018 Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society. All Rights Reserved.   Web Management